Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Ivory Leather?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

anders

United Kingdom 
Ivory Leather?

Hi,

Just joined the site after looking around for a couple of days and have a quick question, I am looking to purchase my first RRS with ivory leather does any one here have the ivory leather? and whats it like to keep clean? I don’t have any kids, muddy dogs etc.. just me and the other half so not like its going to be trashed but would like to know before I depart on my hard earned cash

Thanks in advance

Sam

Post #186682 Thu Sep 04 2008 9:28am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the site Very Happy

Plenty of Ivory leather here.... you do sometimes find there's a little bit of colour transfer on the light colours if you happen to wear dark coloured trousers/jeans etc. That said, it seems to be remedied either by baby wipes or Meguiars Aloe Leather Cleaner. No big dramas Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #186684 Thu Sep 04 2008 9:37am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

same with alpaca - sometime blue jeans colour the seats blue and you have or let clean the leather ... Cool

but overall looks really good Smile 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #186685 Thu Sep 04 2008 9:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Steve in germany

Germany 

Hi, we did have D3 with a light interior (Alpaca) and that was fine, yes it did show the marks of course, but it cleaned up with no problems. I always remember when we were first looking round for a D3, we went into our local LR showroom, which happend to be in Southampton, the kids jumped straight in the car, of course the first thing my wife said was for them to get their feet of the seats and get out. The friendly sales guy said, "Hey don't worry, it's a Landrover, thats what they're built for" And you know what, he was right because that car did work hard with my two kids and the dog, but it always cleaned up perfectly inside and out.
So Ivory interior, yes without a doubt, and it looks bloody good as well Thumbs Up Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #186686 Thu Sep 04 2008 9:39am
anders

United Kingdom 

Hey guys thanks for the quick response Thumbs Up

Well that’s good news then with regards to the kids and dog future proof then hehe, the jeans was my only other concern but as you say bit of cleaner then its all good so thanks for the responses guys, now just to get a good deal from the dealer lol

fingers crossed will be an owner real soon

regards
sam

Post #186691 Thu Sep 04 2008 9:47am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just don't buy any blue Land Rover branded seat covers that you see for sale on eBay. LR have withdrawn them from the market because they left permanent stains on the leather Shocked Shocked Shocked The ebony and Aspen coloured seat covers are OK though 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #186706 Thu Sep 04 2008 10:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gazza500

Jersey 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I had an XKR with Ivory leather, it was a b Censored tch to keep clean. Looks nice when new but does look jaded after a short while. Chawton White TDV6 HSE with Alpaca and Rodium, Automatic Climate Control,
Privacy Glass, 22 inch, Hawke Alloy Wheels, Brembo Front Brakes, Premium ICE Pack, Clear repeaters, Chrome Driving Light Surrounds, Tasmods, Chrome handles, HST Grille, Chrome Side Vents, JE ECU Upgrade

Post #186708 Thu Sep 04 2008 10:06am
anders

United Kingdom 

Tim thanks for the heads up Thumbs Up

Post #186730 Thu Sep 04 2008 10:24am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

you are welcome anders Smile (btw anders means different in german) Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #186744 Thu Sep 04 2008 10:41am
A12DY B

United Kingdom 

I have ivory and is the best colour interior when clean but does need to be kept on top of and blue regulary transferes from jeans and is a real arse ache to get out

Post #186858 Thu Sep 04 2008 5:12pm
anders

United Kingdom 

A12DY B wrote:
I have ivory and is the best colour interior when clean but does need to be kept on top of and blue regulary transferes from jeans and is a real arse ache to get out

thats a Censored as jeans are worn the most, apart from work then its suit trousers

does the jean stains come out? or totally transfered in?

and what would you recommend for cleaning?

two suggestions have been mentioned all ready just wondering if there was any thing else good?

thanks in advance

Post #186863 Thu Sep 04 2008 5:53pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

We've got Ivory in the sport in our family, and the rear bench has kids seats and a blanket on it, so they will be good as new, don't wear jeans too much in the sport and neither does my brother in law, so don't experience that much colour transfer in our's.. The disco 3 is buckingham blue with Alpaca and thats fared very well too..

There are plenty of 2008.5 MY Range Rover Sport's knocking around with Ivory/Black interiors, so the choice is you'rs really.. we'd be pleased to assist if you want a quote on a new/used RR Sport Supply only/Supply and finance. We have a host of LR Dealers working alongside us providing our clients with knock down prices.

Sales rant over. Razz . good luck with your purchase, and let us know what you decide to go for in the end.. Thumbs Up

Post #186865 Thu Sep 04 2008 6:02pm
shimmy

England 

i had an RS6 avant with a white/ivory leather interior and it was fine as long as it is not used by mucky kids with chocolate and sweets.

I have just ordered new RRS with ivory so it didnt put me off M3 CSL Silver Grey
RRS TDV8 HSE SG/IV

Post #186889 Thu Sep 04 2008 10:30pm
Artful Dodger

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Java black with ivory leather, you cant beat it (my personal opinion)

Like with anything if you look after it it will be fine, just treat it every 3-4 months so it stays supple and easily wipeable. When it dries out is when stains dont come out as the stain penetraits the cracks/creases.

Post #187221 Mon Sep 08 2008 2:21pm
anders

United Kingdom 

cheers for the heads up Very Happy

it will only be mostly me in the car so clean wise will be ok just the jeans transfer i am worried about but people have sent me some good suggestions for cleaning Thumbs Up

Post #187226 Mon Sep 08 2008 2:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>