RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Choices Choices Choices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jambo

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Choices Choices Choices

Its time for my 05 Sport HSE to go Sad but its to be replaced with another Sport Very Happy After a trip round the local dealers (how can customer service be so different between 2 dealers ??) i have 2 options - 1) my car and some cash back against a new V6 HSE or 2) my car and £3k for a new V8 HSE. both options are on the pay in 24 months or give the car back scheme. Its a company car so the company can take the hit for the depreciation Smile What would everyone recommend ? I've driven the V8 and was mightly impressed but is the economy notably different? The other question is colour ! I'm almost narrowed down to either Cairns blue with ebony or almond interior or White with ebony and contrasting stiching. Again what are people's thoughts ? ? On another note I can highly recommend Stafford Land Rover for excellent customer service, and their service department are a dream to work with, far better than LR Assist !!!

Post #186148 Sun Aug 31 2008 9:27pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I get better mpg out of my Tdv8 than I got out of my TDv6SE........................ even though I drive the v8 much harder than I drove the v6. In fast A road driving I am averaging 26-28mpg and on long runs (300miles+) I get 30mpg or better. I don't use the car for any commuting driving. Only time I have got worse that the v6 with my v8 is when I tow my small trailer of windsurfing gear (I cannot explain it either, but the v6 used to get the same mpg with or with out the trailer but the v8 has never got better than 22mpg when towing the same trailer)

Colours - both are not so popular................... however White with privacy glass looks really good! Take a look in Umberto's gallery 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #186152 Sun Aug 31 2008 9:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jambo

thanks for the prompt answer ! guess i'll be going down the TDV8 route then Very Happy The only towing I do is occasionally moving a couple of horses for a friend, 1 tonne trailer and 2 tonnes of horse play havoc with the consumption on the TDv6 so i don't expect any difference on the TDv8 except we'll be able to go up hills a little bit quicker Smile With the current "credit crunch" do you think there is a fair saving to be had against list price at the moment and what kind of discounts do you think could be acheived?

As for colour might have to stick with silver and ebony then !

Post #186160 Sun Aug 31 2008 10:25pm
Shao_Khan

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Stornoway Grey

If its a company car then I'd have the colour you fancy as you dont take a hit if its unpopular surely? 2 White ones around me and I love them.

I didnt see the point in the TDV8 or the cost difference when buying mine, but having driven a V8 since it is a much better drive from a power / performance point of view. That said my V6 averages since purchase around 33mpg and I dont see the V8 returning that for me, if mpg really matters.

Post #186161 Sun Aug 31 2008 10:30pm
shimmy

England 
Re: Choices Choices Choices

jambo wrote:
Its time for my 05 Sport HSE to go Sad but its to be replaced with another Sport Very Happy After a trip round the local dealers (how can customer service be so different between 2 dealers ??) i have 2 options - 1) my car and some cash back against a new V6 HSE or 2) my car and £3k for a new V8 HSE. both options are on the pay in 24 months or give the car back scheme. Its a company car so the company can take the hit for the depreciation Smile What would everyone recommend ? I've driven the V8 and was mightly impressed but is the economy notably different? The other question is colour ! I'm almost narrowed down to either Cairns blue with ebony or almond interior or White with ebony and contrasting stiching. Again what are people's thoughts ? ? On another note I can highly recommend Stafford Land Rover for excellent customer service, and their service department are a dream to work with, far better than LR Assist !!!

jambo

just did deal on new TDV8 HSE, pm if you want heads up on the end result M3 CSL Silver Grey
RRS TDV8 HSE SG/IV

Post #186163 Sun Aug 31 2008 10:49pm
jambo

Excellent point mate ! forgot about that !! Actually land rover are giving the gauranteed value after 2 years so i can have some really weird colour combination and spec - guess i'll have bournville then !!

Post #186164 Sun Aug 31 2008 10:52pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

jambo wrote:
guess i'll have bournville then !!

Good choice. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #186193 Mon Sep 01 2008 8:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lookers Park Royal

jambo wrote:
Excellent point mate ! forgot about that !! Actually land rover are giving the gauranteed value after 2 years so i can have some really weird colour combination and spec - guess i'll have bournville then !!

Jambo, TDV8 is a good choice. Just tipping you off that the 0% APP is not available on the 2009my (i.e. contrast stitching, bournville etc etc). They can still do APP on 2009my just not 0% Sad

Good luck with it and if you need any help then let me know!

James Thumbs Up

Post #186200 Mon Sep 01 2008 10:02am
jambo

James, Thanks for the tip off - does that mean that for that promotion i need to have a 2008my? and if so what differences are there between the 08my and 09my models? Is it purely just cosmetically ie colours and interior options or are there any technical changes as well?
Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #186215 Mon Sep 01 2008 10:56am
Lookers Park Royal

jambo wrote:
James, Thanks for the tip off - does that mean that for that promotion i need to have a 2008my? and if so what differences are there between the 08my and 09my models? Is it purely just cosmetically ie colours and interior options or are there any technical changes as well?
Cheers Thumbs Up

Jambo,

If it's the 0% APP then it will need to be a 2008.5my. There are quite a few differences (different rear lights, clear side indicators, different dash trim available (noble), differnt wheel designs, few different colour options etc etc). I would suggest seeing if your dealer has a 2008.5 and 2009 side by side in the showroom (as we have) so that you can play 'spot the difference'.

As far as technology changes are concerned, the only change communicated to the network is an enhanced Bluetooth system.

I hope this helps, and if you are passing near Park Royal then feel free to drop in and we'd be happy to talk you through the differences.

James Thumbs Up

Post #186232 Mon Sep 01 2008 1:22pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

I don't like Bournville - plum poo

Post #186320 Mon Sep 01 2008 7:37pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
As far as technology changes are concerned, the only change communicated to the network is an enhanced Bluetooth system.

Can you tell us more please mate ? RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #186350 Mon Sep 01 2008 11:43pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

*Bournville* sounds so *froggy* Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #186377 Tue Sep 02 2008 7:13am
Lookers Park Royal

JayMann wrote:

Can you tell us more please mate ?

Jay, LR advise that the Nokia kit has been replaced by a 'Continental' kit for improved audio quality. I've not paired my phone to an 09my yet but the Sales Exec's say it sounds much clearer.

There is also another change, which is the fitment of accoustic laminated glass to the driver and passenger side windows, which they say will 'enhance the cabin environment'.

Hope this helps.

James Thumbs Up

Post #186392 Tue Sep 02 2008 8:34am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There is also another change, which is the fitment of accoustic laminated glass to the driver and passenger side windows, which they say will 'enhance the cabin environment'.

Singing Glass.................................. that's a novelty! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #186394 Tue Sep 02 2008 9:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1