RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > LAND ROVER CUSTOMER CARE ??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

pej

Bulgaria 
hi

I have purchased a discovery 3, 3 years ago from Germany and asked them to export it to Bulgaria. Although I purchased it with a Sat nav. I was not told that there is no CD for Eastern block by my dealer. But he promised once it is out, he will send a copy to me. I have been driving my car for 3 years now without a sat nav. that I have paid for. I just found that navtec makes the CD for Land Rover. I then contacted my dealer, but they had closed the dealership for good. All I wanted was to change my west European CD for a Eastern one. I asked Mr Oliver of customer care Germany for help but I was told that they can not help me. I contacted Mr Axel Akar After sell manager. Who could not care to answer the call. His assistant told me that they can not do anything to help. I did not make a fuss when I had paid over 2000 Euro for a sat-nav that I was not informed that will not work, why is Land Rover making a client who just wants a swap of CD, who paid 46000 Euro for his car so angry that he has to resort in writing this email and say this will be my last Land Rover ????? Any comment or suggestion is welcomed.

Post #205127 Mon Jan 12 2009 6:03pm
C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hmmm,
Mike, I kind of know how do you feel. I am currently driving the 7th LR in the family and was having similar problems for the first time. The car I have is a RRS TDV8 with this special VIP service (free of charge servicing for three years or 60.000km). When I went to pick up the brand new car, I barely did 200 km on the way from dealers in Germany and got management system failure warning and loss of power. After 6 hours in f..king cold in Prag I finally managed to get the car recovered back to dealers. After a week of very throughout analysis of LR dealer I was told car is now ready for second pick up. I must admit, second time it did whole 500km on the way from dealer before the same scenario occurred. This time the local dealer in Bratislava claimed to have resolved the problem within 15 minutes.
And he truly did. I have managed to drive the car to the UK without any fault. However, right the next morning i got a message DPF full. It took the angels from LR the whole day to get the car recovered bloody 20 miles. After two days, I picked the car up and am running it without any problems. I have fingers crossed that this was my last visit to any dealer with a breakdown...
But back to the issue of complaint. Well, I did complaint in Germany, since it is the country where the car is officially registered. However I was told that it is not their ability to control the timing issues connected with recovery of the vehicle as well as organizing a courtesy car. And since either of the 'breakdowns' was not recorded on their system as a fault within the warranty they can not help me any further.
Though, I have managed to find out that if you are lucky enough and have a proof that you have had the same failure occurred for three time, LR dealer has to provide you with a new vehicle.
Any way, good luck with your beauty and keep us updated how it goes. Meanwhile enjoy the VOGUE...

Post #205152 Mon Jan 12 2009 10:22pm
mercuryf1

Malaysia 

mikeymike wrote:
update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
however good news on rental car they,ve swopped my cadilliac for a vouge so they can keep my car as long as they want lol

mike

Does that mean that you are enjoying the Vogue MORE then the RRS? Given the choice to start again, which would you choose? Now that you have spent some time in the Vogue and putting your RRS problems aside, which do you think is the better car? Vogue or RRS?

Post #205192 Tue Jan 13 2009 8:52am
C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Mercury, I have both a VOGUE and a RRS. To me there is no direct comparison between the cars. One is sporty , small, hard and you can not sit in the back. The oher is more confi and easy going with excelent rear seats. The choice is your, what do you really want...

Post #205195 Tue Jan 13 2009 9:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12