RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Suspension Fault warning indicator
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RZARVRSPRT S/C

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Suspension Fault warning indicator

Has anyone experienced this warning yet? If so what was done to fix it? Mine went on today. Sad Thanks in advance for any replys. '06 RRS SC BLACK ON BLACK ON BLACK 22' HRE'S

Post #9467 Thu Jan 05 2006 5:03am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

If you search these forums for that message you'll find several posts talking about it. With some folks it comes and goes, with others it has actually led to the suspension going kapooey. It's probably nothing if this is the first time it's happened to you, but be on the lookout for it occurring multiple times and report it to your dealer if so. You don't want to be stuck with no suspension... Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #9477 Thu Jan 05 2006 11:38am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

As schmoogle says - probably not a real problem To fix switch engine off, take key out of ignition, lock the car, unlock the car, restart the car - problem should be fixed. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #9478 Thu Jan 05 2006 11:54am
MDP

United Kingdom 

My cars in at the dealer as we speak, had this message a million times ( plus others ) it turns out nothing wrong with suspension/transmission etc , but error message due to extremely bad battery ( most of the cells were dead ) 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #9550 Fri Jan 06 2006 10:48am
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Oh Censored ! after reading of others suspension faults numerous times in the last 12 months (on D3 and RRS forum) I have now had the problem occur on my almost new RRS. Less than 1,000 miles and tonight on the way home the red suspension light comes on together with a series of warning messages (special programs off, maximum speed 30mph, suspension raising slowley - or something like those). The usual turn off, count to 10 and turn back on again, didn't clear it. It felt as if the suspension stopped working altoghether with a very hard, undamped and pogo like ride. I drove home a few miles very slowley. Expected the car to be down on its bump stops when I got out but infact if anything it appeared higher than normal. Should I expect everything to work tomorrow morning or is this a job for International Rescue (aka Land Rover Assist) ?

Post #10011 Tue Jan 10 2006 11:31pm
RZARVRSPRT S/C

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

My warning light cleared the next day but i only had the orange warning light go on.....If you had the red warning light go on with all those messages I would definitly take it in just to make sure....good luck!!!! '06 RRS SC BLACK ON BLACK ON BLACK 22' HRE'S

Post #10020 Wed Jan 11 2006 3:01am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Smarticus wrote:
Oh Censored ! after reading of others suspension faults numerous times in the last 12 months (on D3 and RRS forum) I have now had the problem occur on my almost new RRS. Less than 1,000 miles and tonight on the way home the red suspension light comes on together with a series of warning messages (special programs off, maximum speed 30mph, suspension raising slowley - or something like those). The usual turn off, count to 10 and turn back on again, didn't clear it. It felt as if the suspension stopped working altoghether with a very hard, undamped and pogo like ride. I drove home a few miles very slowley. Expected the car to be down on its bump stops when I got out but infact if anything it appeared higher than normal. Should I expect everything to work tomorrow morning or is this a job for International Rescue (aka Land Rover Assist) ?

This is what happened to mine, it turned out to be a faulty battery. All fixed and now working fine. I put up with the warnings ( which would come and go ) for some time .... but it got worse and worse. It would appear that all the "special" systems in the sport are very sensitive and any drop in amperage/voltage would alert the sports computer to thinking there was a problem with the particular part/operation and shut it down.

It should'nt happen - so get it checked immediately Exclamation 

Post #10032 Wed Jan 11 2006 10:23am
Smarticus

Well today I had the horror of seeing my brand spanking new RRS "uplifted" to the dealer. In other words a nasty big recovery truck slung my lovely shiny RRS onto its back and rumbled off with her. I am now a Ford Focus driver Sad

Land Rover Assist tell me that there is a communications error in the system which is feeding lots of duff commands to the suspension command module. As a result my suspension was setting itself up to maximum off road height even though the vehicle was travelling at 60mph. Apparently the chap had come accross this situation several times before.

All a bit worrying. Confidence levels have dropped and I fear that this could be the start of a long tale of woe. Looking on the bright side though, my neighbour came to gloat as the vehicle was taken away and said I should have bought an X5 like him. I then reminded him about how his shiny new X5 had a gearbox failure when it was a week old and a replacement box had to be sourced from the US which took weeks to arrive. He stopped gloating at that stage and retreated back indoors.

Fingers crossed all will be well by the weekend....

Post #10170 Wed Jan 11 2006 10:48pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

A new gearbox is A LOT more serious than an electrical/comms issue. I'm sure your's will be sorted soon. Keep the Faith. Cool L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #10172 Wed Jan 11 2006 11:24pm
Smarticus

Saga update Friday 13th Jan. Dealer rang yesterday to say it was one of the rear height sensors at fault. They hadn't got one in stock but said they had it on overnight delivery and it would be fitted first thing Friday and the vehicle returned to me for the weekend. As a result we stick with our plans to take off for the weekend to friends in Bamburgh.

Friday afternoon at 3pm, dealer rings to say part has arrived, BUT, it was the wrong part in the right box (oh yeah Rolling Eyes ) so they couldn't fix it. Had reordered the right part which would be fitted Saturday morning and returned by Saturday afternoon. Cancelled weekend away. Await Saturday's developments with interest.....

Keep the faith, keep the faith, keep the faith.........

Last edited by Smarticus on Fri Jan 13 2006 11:43pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #10364 Fri Jan 13 2006 10:05pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Smarticus, in fairness to the dealer, it WAS Friday 13th after all... Sorry to hear that. Sad 

Post #10365 Fri Jan 13 2006 10:19pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

heard all this before.... latest quote from dealer is that suspension and gearbox sense when trailor is plugged in and adapt... when you unplug the tailor was when my warnings were being triggered, gearbox faults were also blamed on software......then break in engine/bpx loom which involved taking the car interior to bits at two weeks old... then a faulty box and finally when the box started to slip at low revs and vibrate at higher revs... another faulty box..... Rolling Eyes 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #10442 Sun Jan 15 2006 9:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Smarticus wrote:
............. dealer rings to say part has arrived, BUT, it was the wrong part in the right box (oh yeah Rolling Eyes ) so they couldn't fix it. .....

This happened to me ( different part though ) its just not good enough. Evil or Very Mad 

Post #10524 Mon Jan 16 2006 2:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1