RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Honest opinion needed guys...Lose RRS for an X6 5.0?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Sammydtd

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red
Honest opinion needed guys...Lose RRS for an X6 5.0?

Ok guys,
I have the chance to get a new black on black x6 5.0 (couldn't downgrade to 6 cylinder after the supercharged engine)
This will be my personal car so I'm not too concerned with the rear seats, boot, etc...but one thing that is a potential dealbraker is the seating position....after driving a G-wagon, full size RR and now a Sport, I will accept nothing less than a high seat where I can visibily see the corners of the car...this really helps when driving the car in our old downtown (narrow streets, cars parked everywhere)

Has anyone test drove the X6? How is the seating position? and considering the 8 cylinder isn't really out yet, how was the 3.0? Just curious? Our dealer here in Dubai has so many people asking about the x6, he's not very accommodating with people asking for test drives...even the demo inside the showroom had no battery so I couldn't even adjust the seat.

Thanks guys 2008 RRS SC Rimini HST
2008 Treg 2
2007 BMW 650 Ci Schnitzer
2006 Range Rover HSE
2003 MB CLK 55 AMG
2002 MB G500
2001 MB CLK 430 cab designo / BRABUS

Post #173873 Sun Jun 22 2008 5:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Misery

United Kingdom 

Don't do it!!!! X6 is a horrible looking car. Went down to the dealers for the release evening, not impressed at all if you have to go for BM Censored W anyway I would choose the X5, it only has 2 seats in the back of the X6. Shocked Shocked

Hey why am I saying this to you you lost the plot when you got rid of the G. I want a G Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #173875 Sun Jun 22 2008 8:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Seen a few X6's on the roads now and not sure about it - however saying that I never like the look of new BMW's and then all of a sudden they grow on me Confused

still wouldn't buy on though

Post #173893 Sun Jun 22 2008 10:03am
Lookers Park Royal

Certainly a new direction design-wise for an SUV/4x4 and those who want the latest gadget will probably be at the front of the queue.

I've seen a few now, and in the right colour and with the right sized wheels they look very nice. I can't help wondering if the market for this type of product will be quite narrow. Most buyers of 4x4's have practicality fairly high on their list of requirements, but the X6 seems to steer away from practicality in pursuit of design.

We'll see Whistle .

Post #173898 Sun Jun 22 2008 10:40am
MDP

United Kingdom 

WAIT........ and get yourself a new RR or RRS with a 5.0 litre engine Thumbs Up 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #173939 Mon Jun 23 2008 12:22am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Have to agree with MDP Thumbs Up

Personally, I think the X6 is a bit of a dogs dinner and a step too far by BMW.

All road tests suggest it is a stunning drive though and light years ahead of any of the current LR products. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #173943 Mon Jun 23 2008 6:24am
MDP

United Kingdom 

The X6 is a butch car trying to look girlie/sexy

Some times it just doesnt work Banging Head

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #173967 Mon Jun 23 2008 9:45am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I've seen a couple of X6s on the roads now and I have to say I'd be going for the X5. X6 is a bit something of nothing if you see what I mean... although the Sport versions will probably look better in terms of aesthetics. Why not wait for the full monty V8 X5... it might end up being a bit slower than the equivalent X6 due to weight difference etc, but even if practicality's not at the top of your list, I'd still go for it over the X6 as it stands. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #173987 Mon Jun 23 2008 11:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1