RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > North America > Range Rover Sport Predicted to Retain Highest Residual Value
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PauloAmore

Scotland 
Range Rover Sport Predicted to Retain Highest Residual Value

Auto News:
Land Rover North America is proud to announce that the 2008 Range Rover Sport has received the Automotive Lease Guide (ALG) Residual Value Award in the Luxury CUV segment. The annual Residual Value Awards identify those vehicles predicted to retain the highest percentage of their original purchase price after a conventional three-year lease term.

"We understand the importance of residual values in our highly competitive business and are delighted by this recognition," said Chris Marchand, executive vice president of Marketing and Sales, Land Rover North America.

The ALG awards are based on careful evaluation of segment competition, past vehicle performance and emerging trends in the industry.

"The 2008 awards prove once again that compelling design, high quality manufacturing and disciplined pricing and volume programs are essential to achieve the highest residual value," said John Blair, Automotive Lease Guide's Chief Executive Officer.

Land Rover's Range Rover Sport and other award winners are featured on ALG.com as well as other automotive publications and websites dedicated to bringing the industry's best-performing models into the public eye.

Land Rover entered the competitive high-performance SUV category with the new-for-2006 Range Rover Sport. SUV owners with a passion for driving are well served by the Range Rover Sport's capable blend of power and handling prowess. Consumer acceptance has been outstanding now making Range Rover Sport the leader in the luxury CUV segment.

Muscular V8 power, a tidy wheelbase, a low build, and a wide stance yield exemplary agility and tenacious road holding. The Range Rover Sport is well equipped with Land Rover's Terrain Response(TM) system as standard. A Supercharged V8 engine and Dynamic Response technology are available as options.

Land Rover North America is part of Ford Motor Company's Premier Automotive Group with headquarters in Irvine, California. Land Rover established operations in the U.S. in 1986, and now imports and distributes Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, LR3 and LR2 vehicles manufactured by Land Rover in Solihull and Halewood, England. Land Rover's worldwide operations are wholly owned by Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan. For information about the Land Rover retailer nearest you, call 800-FIND-4WD or log on to www.LandRoverusa.com.

Vehicle specifications and features are subject to change. For the latest Land Rover pricing and product information, contact Land Rover North America Product Communications at (949) 341-5800. Land Rover-related press releases and electronic photos of the company's products are available on-line in the Land Rover section of Ford Motor Company's news media website (media.landrover.com).

Source: Land Rover North America
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/20...index.html 2022 P440e AB

Post #144182 Sun Nov 04 2007 10:34pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've heard that residuals for low mileage good condition TDv6's is right up there with SLK's and Porsche's - 75-80% retained value after 2-3 years! It is put down to a shortage of good used ones and long delivery times for new cars. Autocar reckon that TDv6 values will take a hit when TDv8's start coming on the 2nd hand market in significant numbers. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #144183 Sun Nov 04 2007 10:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PauloAmore

Scotland 

80% in three years for a TDv6!
-Makes your TDv8 upgrade make sense then.

Really, I had no idea they were that good.
Are they /were they really? 2022 P440e AB

Post #144184 Sun Nov 04 2007 10:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

In my experience no! I did not achieve that high a part ex value however the dealer is selling my old SE at £34995 when it cost £42k 29 months ago. The only extras on it were metallic paint, tow pack and body colour intakes, the supercharged grille and 5x Disco3 10 spoke 18" alloys instead of the standard 5 V spoke alloys.
What Car? magazine is showing a retained value of 55% on the SE after 3 years, slightly less for the HSE and slightly more for an S 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #144186 Sun Nov 04 2007 11:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I did well when I chopped my TDV6 in for the 535d - 45k new, pex'd for 41k a year later! Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #144199 Mon Nov 05 2007 8:56am
AlsaaMike

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zambezi Silver

Me thinks things have changed since then. I own my 2006 RRS HSE and was offered from $27,000, $28,000 and $31,000 on trade in at 3 different dealers this weekend. Lowest offer was from my LR dealer. RRS has just over 41,000 miles and Lux. and Rear Ent. packages and stickered at $61,500 when I bought it. Pass the vaseline please! Interestingly, my Mini Cooper S after a year and 15,000 miles has barely depreciated at all!!! Also my dealer has 3 2008's stickered at $62,500 on sale reduced by $9,000, and all others in stock at invoice. 2011 BMW X3 35i Carbon Black
2006 RRS HSE 4.4, Zambezi Silver
Swiftly and with style!!!

Post #177054 Mon Jul 14 2008 3:47am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Oh yeah, forget all that went before Crying or Very sad 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #177073 Mon Jul 14 2008 7:53am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

It looks like we are all going to be whacked where it hurts as far as residuals go. The cost of fuel and all of the uncertainty about the current economical climate added to Mr Darlngs stupid road tax plans make owning any large 4 x 4 an expensive business.

Some people could be in for a bumpy ride. Sad Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #177088 Mon Jul 14 2008 8:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1