Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Argyll Forest Drive 28th & 29th June
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Argyll Forest Drive 28th & 29th June

Hi All,

I am posting this on behalf of Basher as he is on holiday at the moment.

The next outing will be on the 28th & 29th June, please read below and if needed PM me and I will help out as much as I can or look at the following site under events around the world www.forum.landrovernet.com and the thread is Forest Drive Lochgilphead Two Choices 28th & 29th June.

Believe me when I say they are some of the best offroad days you will get and very well run.

Russell.

Our usual a drive of two choices..First choice for first time off road or nicer vehicles. This drive is only an option on the Sunday. You will be helped and advised by one of our forest guide vehicles throughout your stay. You will travel off road throughout this option and your worst damage would be a few light branches brushing your vehicle. A superb day's driving suitable for all the family. Our second option can certainly cause some damage as many of our regulars will confirm. You must be running on a good off road tyres to make progress that little bit easier. Our meeting place for the drive is the forest entry point just past the Lochgair Hotel heading towards Lochgilphead. We will as usual have signs just before and at the entry point. Try to arrive no later than 9.45 both days and we will be using the same meeting place over both days. The cost of the drive as follows One day £25.00 or both days £35.00 Regardless of occupants.Pleas arrive with a full tank of fuel as we do cover some long distances also bring the Sarnies and Coffee "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #171006 Thu May 29 2008 12:30pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Basher has another outing on the 9th/10th August as well. Are you going Russel? I have a shiney new winch to play with on the 90 - fitted while I have been away 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #181587 Wed Aug 06 2008 7:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Japseroony

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Basher has another outing on the 9th/10th August as well. Are you going Russel? I have a shiney new winch to play with on the 90 - fitted while I have been away

Hi Tim,

Yes we will be there staying over on Friday and Sat at the Lochgair Hotel.

With the weather as it is you may get to use the new winch Very Happy "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #181597 Wed Aug 06 2008 9:41pm
Tim in Scotland

Might even need the optional Avon floatation bags this weekend - for the first time in years we have flood warnings here today. I'm driving up on Friday evening as have to go to the dentist on Friday morning so cannot join the work team for once. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #181621 Thu Aug 07 2008 7:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Japseroony

Tim,

I kinda think most are staying at the Lochgair this time as between Basher and myself we have arranged special rates - take a look at the thread Basher started when announcing the drive.

Russell. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #181637 Thu Aug 07 2008 9:03am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

I have a colleague based in Edinburgh who is interested in some off-roading, he drives an older Merc ML.. Whats the easiest way for him to get in touch with the organisers of the forest drive events..

Can someone PM me "Bashers" details so i can forward them to him.

Thanks

Jim Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #189298 Tue Sep 23 2008 4:41am
Tim in Scotland

Jim, these events are just turn up and join us, no need to book. Any 4x4 can join in and we get all sorts coming along from showroom shinies to battle weary old traillers. The only conditions are that the car must be MOTed and roadtaxed.

To watch out for the next event then you should watch the events section of the popular Land Rover forum at
http://forum.landrovernet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64

I have sent you Ian Hamilton's email address by PM 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #189315 Tue Sep 23 2008 9:31am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Jim, these events are just turn up and join us, no need to book. Any 4x4 can join in and we get all sorts coming along from showroom shinies to battle weary old traillers. The only conditions are that the car must be MOTed and roadtaxed.

To watch out for the next event then you should watch the events section of the popular Land Rover forum at
http://forum.landrovernet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64

I have sent you Ian Hamilton's email address by PM

Cheers Tim, If you get an American chap with an ML turned up its him. I will forward the details via works email.

Its is every day use vehicle so assume it is MOT'd and Taxed

Cheers Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #189317 Tue Sep 23 2008 10:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1