RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Help! Battery completely dead
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Trixman

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Help! Battery completely dead

Just got back from holiday after just over 2 weeks and the RRS S/C is completely dead. Got in using the key slot to test it wasnt the fob and yep, dead as a doornail.

Do I have to call the stealer or is there a way of jumping like the old days Wink Just Picked up: 2006 RRS S/C, java with Ivory.
Garage: 2007 Mini Cooper, 2007 BMW 320d, 2002 Renault Clio (its a workhorse, honest)

Post #172584 Thu Jun 12 2008 7:33pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Lift the plastic cover and give her a jump.......othwerwise (as to cover yourself Warranty wise) call "LR hindrance" and they will jump it for you. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #172590 Thu Jun 12 2008 8:48pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Best contact Land Rover Assist. Far too many electrical systems onboard that may not agree with the sudden jolt of a jump start.

The onboard diagnostics system will probably need to have a "fault code clear down" too. As low battery voltage will through lots of spurreous fault codes into your vehicles ECU's. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #172594 Thu Jun 12 2008 9:34pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Owners manual has a detailed section on how to jump start the RRS with jump leads and another vehicle!

Post #172595 Thu Jun 12 2008 9:40pm
Trixman

Just to say thanks for the replies. Called LR resistance and having half an hour on the phone telling me they didnt have my details, they miraculously found them and called out a truck.

He basically jumped it from his truck and drove off, so i've got a few error messages on the dash (suspension fault, car will lean in corners.. style thing) but its going in to get its 'check pads' sorted out on Tuesday so they'll fix it then. Just Picked up: 2006 RRS S/C, java with Ivory.
Garage: 2007 Mini Cooper, 2007 BMW 320d, 2002 Renault Clio (its a workhorse, honest)

Post #172690 Fri Jun 13 2008 2:43pm
macca916

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Mine did this and at first LR thought it was just a dead battery, this was replaced and a few weeks later the same issue occurred.
This time LR assist diagnosed it as having excessive current drain when locked, 1st suspect was satnav unit as display didnt shutdown immediately on locking, this was reflashed with update s'ware but still had a current drain problem. Car taken to dealers where a drivers door amp and outside drivers door handle (sticky so supected of issue) was swapped and touch wood its been ok since. Java RRS S/C Smile

Post #172706 Fri Jun 13 2008 4:37pm
Trixman

Actually saying that i've noticed the screen on the Sat Nav doesnt always shut off... one time I thought I was going mad, went back out after an hour and it was still alive...albeit with just the LR logo.

Was a long time ago so havent looked out for it since, possibly the issue... its going in on Tue so I'll ask them to update the software if thats at fault.

Cheers Thumbs Up Just Picked up: 2006 RRS S/C, java with Ivory.

Post #172720 Fri Jun 13 2008 6:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1