RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Snatch Recovery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

As long as the email doesn't reveal personal details or anything that should be kept between you and LR, feel free to quote the email Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #170291 Wed May 21 2008 7:48am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Thanks shmoogle...

The excerpt from the email is below. Usual caveats apply... I do not warrant this statement, it was in a personal email to me, anybody taking this info and using it in anyway do so at the own risk!

Quote:
I write in regards to your earlier enquiry regarding the recovery points on your 2008 Range Rover Sport.

The Land Rover Technical Department has forwarded me the following information in regards to your Recovery Point enquiry.

Both the front and rear recovery points can handle 5,800kg (or around 1.8 x the Gross Vehicle Weight) in a straight pull along the central axis of the vehicle. This represents a fully laden vehicle, without a trailer, stuck up to its axles in sand or mud, being pulled out by a rope or chain in which the slack is slowly taken up. If using a kinetic energy rope, the slack can be taken up more quickly.

I hope this assists you in knowing the capabilities of your vehicle should an unforseen issue arise while driving off-road.

Does this sound logical and acceptable - in particular is a 5,800kg force going to be enough to free the RRS should it become bogged down? Also am I correct in assuming I need to get recovery cables and loops that break at greater than 5,800kg in order to ensure I don't damage the car should a greater force be transferred in an attempted recover?

Post #170390 Thu May 22 2008 12:16am
Pelyma

England 

You are unlikely to get rope or straps with lower breaking strains than 5.8t. I use Black Rat ones that are 14t, the last thing you want is a rope or shackle giving up. Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #170420 Thu May 22 2008 9:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12