Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > Land Rover Club Holland 20th Aniversary
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue
Land Rover Club Holland 20th Aniversary

Been away since friday lunch time at the LRCH 20th Jubileum
It was a holiday weekend here with both friday and monday being a holiday, trafic around Antwerp was a pain but the SATNav sugested an alternative route so we took that and had a good drive to the meeting point at Westdorpe and then a convoy with the Disco3 guys to the campsite.
Booking in

Click image to enlarge

Beaker and his wife, 10 for Cash, Chris Tyler, Bobby Crisp box, Nessie all from Disco3.co.uk and a Dutch couple with a Disco 2 that were friends of Beaker and Marie and myself all camped as a group nice and close to the food tent ... good one Chris Thumbs Up

Camp site
Click image to enlarge

Friday night and we booked up for the "night drive" Shocked at about 20:30 we headed out and across the railway tracks and through a gate to a short track to a pavilion

Track (though it was getting dark when we first went along it)
Click image to enlarge

At the pavillion we were issued with road book and a set of questions then told we had to wait until it was full dark before we could leave.
When the time came we lined up at the start and had to wait while they took pictures of the cars then we were sent off individualy around a motocross track Mr. Green that was great fun, they had put in some tight sections to make it more of a challenge as the cars easily coped with the moto-X track. Then we were off out onto the road and Marie was navigating, 500m turn right, 200m turn left .....then the clues got more complicated and difficult, the total distance was around 75km both on road and some off road driving while looking for the number of tiles on a roof somewhere in the gloom or trying to count the vents in a electricity substation that was hidden in the bushes, it was a great drive and we had a great laugh both at our mistakes and others ... Don't follow me I'm lost too Whistle We got back to the check in at about 1am tired and not the last in either! Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #169395 Mon May 12 2008 9:24pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Looks like you and the D3 guys had a worthwhile trip Ali.
I love offroad night drives, hilarious fun especially when your Defender or Series Landy has 1 candlepower of headlamps on each wing (my LED sidelights are brighter than my headlights on dip beam!)! Basher used to run some brilliant night drives in the Argyll Forest - made all the more exciting because even on the laid tracks you had to be really careful not to fall into huge potholes and dried up stream beds! Added excitement came after we had had a long dry spell like this weekend when if you drove too fast so much dust was set up that it was like driving in fog at night. Also you were likely to encounter wildlife on the forest roads and often they wouldn't move out of the way.................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #169397 Mon May 12 2008 9:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Day 2

Next day we had booked up the Historic Drive for the morning and Off Roading for the afternoon
The start was from the same pavillion and this time it was a thick book but no questions to answer. The theme was the invasion route taken by the Canadia Highland Light Infantry and following the progress they made during the second world war, It was some driving on paved roads and some on unpaved ones along the dykes and polders, the weather was scortching hot and we were glad of the air-co in the car as we made our way around the route. We read how they landed in their Buffalo amphibious landing craft and made their way inland and how the German gus were waiting for them, most of the items from the WW2 have been cleared away and onle along one dyke did we see pill boxes to guard the canal. we had lunch in Hoofdplaats and a leisurly drive back to the site and got ready for the afternoons off roading. The entrance to the offroad site was oposite the booking in hut and very close to where we were camped. After a bit of teasing from the stewards about taking the RRS around the course we headed out onto the tracks following Paul (Beaker) and with Nessie and the Dutch couple following along we got our first taste of offroading the TDV8 Mr. Green I had mounted my video camera on the roof ralil of the car so got some good footage of the car going round the track, I'm downloading it to the PC as I type this so should have a few bits up on youtube soon. We got lots of encourgement and useful tips and we made it round the blue route without incident.
Beaker through the trees

Click image to enlarge

Getting closer....
Click image to enlarge

Past!
Click image to enlarge

Nessie
Click image to enlarge

Alicatt
Click image to enlarge
 Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #169398 Mon May 12 2008 9:44pm
Alicatt

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Looks like you and the D3 guys had a worthwhile trip Ali.
I love offroad night drives, hilarious fun especially when your Defender or Series Landy has 1 candlepower of headlamps on each wing <snip>..............

Yeah I used all the light I could, it was our first time out on something like this so it was all new to us, Marie got into the hang of navigating and I got more adept at resetting the trip meter Very Happy
We didn't have too much wild life just a lot of big defenders going every which way but right Laughing Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #169400 Mon May 12 2008 9:51pm
Alicatt

Clip of one of the D3 crew Beaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QrIoDJ3FWw Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #169470 Tue May 13 2008 12:41pm
Alicatt

another short clip...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cHy4Y2k_V0 Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #169898 Sat May 17 2008 12:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1