RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Remember the guy who wrote off his Mum's S/C ...............
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Remember the guy who wrote off his Mum's S/C ...............

And nearly killed a baby in the back seat of the car he tailgated? Well on the radio this morning it was divulged that within 2 weeks of the terrible accident and before he went to court, the guy was caught driving another car at 90 in a 50 limit...................................... and he will only get 11months in the pokey. The parents of the severely injured and paralysed baby cannot get any compensation and cannot afford to take the case to court with a civil action to claim the £1million that they believe it is going to cost to look after their child . They have started an online petition to try to get the law changed as had the lad KILLED the baby they would have got the compensation from his mother's insurers! This is turning into a truely horrendous case. He should have the right to drive withdrawn for the rest of his life. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #168581 Mon May 05 2008 3:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

We where just talking about this yesterday!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #168582 Mon May 05 2008 4:03pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Yes we were, told something about him buying a brand new Porsche Turbo ready for when he comes out. Shocked Shocked

Post #168585 Mon May 05 2008 4:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Evil or Very Mad

Post #168619 Mon May 05 2008 9:13pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

just been reading about it - I see his parents paid £1million bail to get him released until he was sentenced - I bet their proud

Post #168620 Mon May 05 2008 9:23pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

C Censored should be shot RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #168625 Mon May 05 2008 10:51pm
Tim in Scotland

They should loose their bail bond .................................... I thought the idea of bail was that you were meant to be an angel if you got it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #168654 Tue May 06 2008 9:05am
Jonty

Location: Sat with my head in my hands wondering what the hell I'm doing

United Kingdom 

Don't think it matters what you do on bail really...as long as you turn up at court.

For low lifes like that drivings bans and the normal punishments don't mean anything. The urge to drive dangerously should be removed....perhaps another argumant for chemical castration ?

The longer he's locked up the better Evil or Very Mad Current: I can't say...Oh the Shame!
Gone: 2003 Audi S4 - 340BHP of Fun Smile
Gone: 2005 RRS SE, Silver, Chrome Mirrors, Tinted with a stupid spare wheel!
Gone: Audi A4 2.5 TDi Quattro 180bhp
Gone: BMW 535i
Gone: 1985 Audi Quattro Sad Sad
Gone: Subaru Imprezza Turbo (rubbish)

Post #168699 Tue May 06 2008 12:00pm
Tim in Scotland

Maybe he should be made to do community service for the next 25 years. I know exactly the job for him to do as well - he should have to go and help the parents of the child who's life he has ruined to look after her - 12 hours a day for 25 years - should just about be enough punishment. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #168701 Tue May 06 2008 12:14pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

just read the thread completely and missed the point, comments deleted Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #168703 Tue May 06 2008 12:24pm
Tim in Scotland

Just been on the World at One on R4 - the family of the baby have received an interim payment of £800,000 for the injuries that she has suffered. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #168714 Tue May 06 2008 1:07pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

I think the point is being missed here. The problem is not only the lunacy of youth, we have all experienced that one way or another. No, it is the ease with which young people can get a licence, no restrictions on what vehicle they can legally drive having obtained a licence and no probationary period to speak of resulting in a stage by stage qualification to "competent motorist" including both practical and written papers. Until such stringent regulations are implemented, and enforced, matters will get even worse.
Modern cars are designed to protect their occupants when the inevitable accident occurs, the latter being considered an occupational hazard of driving. When I was young an accident was considered a social disgrace and evidence of derisory incompetence in my circles, and, yes, we did have access to very high performance cars (for their day!) PC Josh might have a comment? Whistle

Post #168715 Tue May 06 2008 1:12pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

somebody at my office today was saying the family has had a payout today of £800k Sad

They should have gotten a whole lot more , not just because the family are worth alot, but the fact they have to care for there daughter for life.

The payout would have been more if she had died, i think they said

Post #168768 Tue May 06 2008 7:43pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

CV - its an interesting point, however I dont believe its so straight forward - to be honest I agree with your comments on the probationary periods of a licence (which would also help our insurance policies somewaht) however I also feel it is a lot to do with the lunacy of this youth in particular combined with the car he was driving. I cant see that this guy has shown any remorse for his actions, whereas I am aware of people who's lives have been devastated by accidents that they have caused. Its a complex discussion as so much emotion gets wrapped up in it, however a good combination of forced education (like you have indicated) and clear decisive punishment to reflect the crime (which in my opinion this case doesn't show) maybe more useful.

Just my thoughts

Kaine

Post #168771 Tue May 06 2008 7:57pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

I saw her little girl on the TV the other night and I can't believe what they are going to have to do for the rest of her life it was heart breaking to see. She can't even hold her head up by herself. The poor family, I was also told that his family is worth over 100 million. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post #168772 Tue May 06 2008 7:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>