RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Installation of new tires
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DAVIS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green
Installation of new tires

I am having a new set of tires, (Perilli Scorpian Ice and Snow) installed on my RRS tomorrow. The dealer and I have worked out the "problem" of the OE tires not being rated All Season. I'm concerned if there is a procedure that must be followed when the vehicle is raised. I know that some domestic (Detroit) cars that are equiped with air suspension have a cut-off switch that can disarm the system prior to lifting the vehicle. I have looked in the owners manual and don't seem to find instructions or for that matter a reference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Post #8968 Thu Dec 29 2005 3:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
Re: Installation of new tires

DAVIS wrote:
I am having a new set of tires, (Perilli Scorpian Ice and Snow) installed on my RRS tomorrow. The dealer and I have worked out the "problem" of the OE tires not being rated All Season. I'm concerned if there is a procedure that must be followed when the vehicle is raised. I know that some domestic (Detroit) cars that are equiped with air suspension have a cut-off switch that can disarm the system prior to lifting the vehicle. I have looked in the owners manual and don't seem to find instructions or for that matter a reference. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Unlike older model RR's that I believe had to have the tailgate open in order to disable the EAS system otherwise it could be damaged; the most recent RR and RRS do not need anything special before being raised on a lift. At least I have never read anything in an owner's manual about this. In your shoes I'd place a call to your local dealer's service manager prior to going to the tyre installer in the morning just to be sure.
Let us know if the above is incorrect please.
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #8969 Thu Dec 29 2005 3:24am
DAVIS

Thanks for the reply, I agree that a call to the dealer is the best way to insure that tomorrow is a non-event. I will post the dealers advice on lifting the vehicle to close the loop.

Post #8970 Thu Dec 29 2005 3:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DAVIS

As promised, I spoke this morning with the dealer about lifting my RRS on a service rack, to have the tires replaced. There initial instructions were to NOT lift the vehicle as it would damage the air suspension, he then asked if I could hold so he could verify that information. When he returned he retracted his earlier advice and said that is no longer an issue. Thanks Bish, your answer was spot on! By the way, the lug torque (for all you purest) is 107 foot pounds, our friends over the pond will have to convert that to metric!

Post #9019 Thu Dec 29 2005 8:38pm
thebishman

Davis,
Thanks for the update.
BTW, the manual states 105 ft lbs of torque for the wheels, but 105-107, well who cares?
Let us know how the Pirellis work out.
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #9025 Thu Dec 29 2005 9:11pm
thebishman

Double post, sorry.

Post #9034 Thu Dec 29 2005 9:47pm
DAVIS

Well the Perillis are on and so far, 16 whole miles, I'm delighted! The acid test is perhaps this weekend when a reported snow storm is headed our way. The main reason I'm "reporting out" early is the result of my experience at the tire store. This store is located "off the beaten path" and when the tire technicians finished with my Sport they were all gathered around marveling at the headlamps searching in all directions. I beleive I heard one of them say "gauleee, did you see that" nice guys, that had nothing but praise for Land Rovers design and technology!

Post #9049 Fri Dec 30 2005 4:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1