RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Adaptive Headlamps - identification
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jHamshaw

United Kingdom 
Adaptive Headlamps - identification

Hi - my car was delivered on Friday (MY07 TDV6 HSE - absolutely standard - no options as far as I know - Java Black with 19" wheels) but was purchased through a broker, and delivered from dealer stock. Only had about 10 minutes to inspect so far, but appear to have fixed 90 degree cornering lights which come on with indicators and steering movement. (Noticed this on a quick run up the road for fuel) Does this mean I have adaptives? I thought they were an option on MY07 HSE's (brochure says so) ... If so (in both cases) do I have a result?

Thanks...

Post #97340 Mon Mar 26 2007 7:10am
mlines

United Kingdom 

Nope - these are not adaptives.

Adaptives are where the main headlamps slightly turn. You have the cornering lights which are separate lamps that come on at low speed when the indicators are activated - these are standard on the HSE 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #97350 Mon Mar 26 2007 8:40am
The doc

United Kingdom 

When you start the car with your headlamps on they will go left and right as well as up and down if you have the adaptive lamps PLUS you have a status / warning light that comes on when you first start the car.

Post #97352 Mon Mar 26 2007 8:44am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)

AFS is a new lighting system, designed to give the driver improved visibility. It has two main components: A swivelling headlamp unit and a static bending lamp, with a beam set to 45 degrees from the centre line of the vehicle.

The headlamp units can swivel left or right, to improve light spread on bends in the road and they operate throughout the vehicle speed range. They also react to braking or acceleration in the vertical plane, to maximise headlamp performance. Additional lighting is supplied by the static bending lamps, at speeds between 30 km/h (18 mph) and 70 km/h (44 mph). If the higher speed is exceeded, the static bending lamps will only reactivate when speed reduces to 60 km/h (37 mph). These headlamps broaden the beam of the headlamps when cornering.

The system takes inputs from the vehicle’s road speed and steering angle, to determine the amount of horizontal swivel. The amount of swivel is highest at low manoeuvring speeds and reduces as speed increases.
Static bending lamps operate when the system detects a steering wheel rotation of 70 degrees or more.

If reverse gear is selected, the lamps return to the central position and the unit’s swivelling capability is disabled. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #97353 Mon Mar 26 2007 8:44am
jHamshaw

United Kingdom 

So... you can have static bending lamps without full adaptives then??? Will look for dash warning light next time I go out, and make a note to drive in the dark again soon!! Cheers guys...

Post #97431 Mon Mar 26 2007 11:49am
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

so if the swivelling headlamp unit is there u will notice the up and down movement during start up the engine right?
what symbol the dash warning light look lights and what color? 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST Silver

SOLD-V8 Defender 90

Post #97460 Mon Mar 26 2007 12:34pm
jHamshaw

United Kingdom 

Just checked - have got static bending, haven't got a dash light for adaptives - seems that one without the other is possible! Manual implies otherwise (as per quote above).....

Post #97488 Mon Mar 26 2007 1:44pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Try this ...

Turn the lights switch to Auto and then start the car. Do this at night and if possible facing a wall.

As is already pointed out earlier, if you have Adaptive Headlights they'll dance. The will point down to the left then up to the right again. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #97816 Tue Mar 27 2007 1:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1