RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DAVIS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!!

We took our RRS to our local dealer today as a result of our check engine light on at the cluster. Good news, he was very accommodating and got us right in. Bad news, he pulled the code(s) PO137 and PO157 which came with the following, "02 sensor bank 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 will need further diagnostic time to verify oxygen senor faults. Cust advised ok to drive" The service manager confided that his technicians need more training to properly diagnose the problem and we should consider taking the vehicle to the dealer in San Francisco. That's not a problem as my office is there, however it is 225 miles from our home. Sooo I'm a bit nervous about driving that distance even though the ck eng light is not blinking. I would welcome any pearls of wisdom...

Post #9702 Sat Jan 07 2006 3:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Wow, an honest service manager! Wink

If he has confirmed it should be OK to drive, then I guess on his head be it if something goes wrong. Chances are it should be OK on the journey, and if it's not - you call out LRA and they can take you the rest of the way to the dealer in SF. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #9715 Sat Jan 07 2006 1:01pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White
Re: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!!

DAVIS wrote:
We took our RRS to our local dealer today as a result of our check engine light on at the cluster. Good news, he was very accommodating and got us right in. Bad news, he pulled the code(s) PO137 and PO157 which came with the following, "02 sensor bank 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 will need further diagnostic time to verify oxygen senor faults. Cust advised ok to drive" The service manager confided that his technicians need more training to properly diagnose the problem and we should consider taking the vehicle to the dealer in San Francisco. That's not a problem as my office is there, however it is 225 miles from our home. Sooo I'm a bit nervous about driving that distance even though the ck eng light is not blinking. I would welcome any pearls of wisdom...

Maybe you could get this service manager to 'officially' advise you to drive your car to the dealer in San Francisco. This way, in case something untoward happens along the way, LR cannot pin the fault on you. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #9718 Sat Jan 07 2006 1:25pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

225 miles to your office!! what MPG do you get out of yours then?
Exclamation
or i take it you 'work' from home..?

Post #9722 Sat Jan 07 2006 4:25pm
DAVIS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green

I do work from home most of the time, I go into the "city" two to three times each month. As for the mileage, on the way in I go from 7000' to sea level and enjoy 19+ mpg. On the way home it's around 14.5 mpg. I have a print out from the local dealer stating "ok to drive with on..." so, to quote shmoogle, "on his head be it...

Thanks for the replies!

Post #9724 Sat Jan 07 2006 4:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Davis,
I drove my early model year '03 RR with the check engine light on for about 6 weeks right after delivery due to a faulty air pump. It took that long to get the right part to my dealer. At no time was there any noticeable degradation in performance, as this was only a fault with the emission control system. If your dealer says you're fine, I wouldn't worry EXCEPT that if you do have some parts that need to be replaced, you'll be making more trips to San Francisco to get them replaced as I bet the dealer there will not have them in stock.
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #9726 Sat Jan 07 2006 5:17pm
noddy and bigears

England 
Re: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!!

[. Bad news, he pulled the code(s) PO137 and PO157 which came with the following, "02 sensor bank 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 will need further diagnostic time to verify oxygen senor faults. Cust advised ok to drive" The service manager confided that his technicians need more training to properly diagnose the problem quote] surly the problem has been diagnosed and replacement parts are needed you could find a dealer that uses diagnos autologic its far better than land rovers own

Post #9728 Sat Jan 07 2006 7:04pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I would not be too worried about the Oxygen sensor fault codes. I have had these in previous vehicles and yes, they can prevent your car from performing normally, as the sensors with shut things down to stop you damaging the engine when it 'thinks' it is in peril.

Typically fixed by replacement of the over sensitive or faulty sensor and you are away.

My last car (M5) had a spate of sensor issues for the first few months, I believe because the dealer jet washed and steam cleaned the engine bay, they don't like that. Once the sensors had all been replaced it ran Sweeeeeeetly! Cool L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #9731 Sat Jan 07 2006 8:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1