RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 20" tyre pressures
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

stilly

20" tyre pressures

Hello all,

I have the 20" BBS alloys with Continental tyres. They are a Range Rover Sport accessory/option. I had them fitted to my TDV6 HSE from new. However, I cannot get any clear information on recommended pressures. The suppplying dealer fitted them at 28psi. My local dealer recommended 33 front and 36 rear after telling me that they cant be fitted, and Land Rover Customer Care also refused to help as they do not recomend fitting 20" wheels to the TDV6 under any circumstances and further pointed out it voids associated warranty claims/problems....

Anyone out there got any advice on tyre pressures for the TDV6 on 20"?

Many thanks

Stilly

Post #9665 Fri Jan 06 2006 7:16pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

What customer care told you is just wrong - did they never hear of the Dynamic Pack? You can spec that for your TDV6 and that has 20" wheels as part of the deal. Sorry I can't help with the pressures - should be the same as the pressures used by the SC folks, I think. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #9666 Fri Jan 06 2006 7:22pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

If you don't want them and RR say the make your warranty void tell your dealer this and get them changed at cost to the dealer who should never have fitted them. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #9667 Fri Jan 06 2006 7:23pm
stilly

I do want them - they look ace with SC grille and vents. Just want to get the pressures right, about to have Turbo chip upgrade so will be pushing the big old unit a bit harder than before and every little helps....

Post #9668 Fri Jan 06 2006 7:35pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Like schmoogle I suggest you check with the SC boys. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #9672 Fri Jan 06 2006 7:55pm
PaulB

England 

There is a stick-on label on the inside of the driver's door that gives front and rear tyre pressures for all wheel and tyre sizes. Rolling Eyes

Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Last edited by PaulB on Fri Jan 06 2006 11:32pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #9675 Fri Jan 06 2006 8:16pm
stilly

Thanks for that,

Will check it out. good point about the Dynamic Pack. I originally ordered this but was then advised it wasnt available so just had the wheels. Imagine my delight when the dynamic pack was made available with all the bells and whistles for less than I got charged for the wheels, doh!

Stilly

Post #9681 Fri Jan 06 2006 8:48pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Ouch! I nearly got caught out by that in Sept. Phoned LR they said no can't have dynamic pack on Tdv6, so I put order in. Then 3 weeks later just happened to go on LR web site where it said it was avail. So I cancelled the order and reordered, but production didn't start till Dec. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #9689 Fri Jan 06 2006 10:31pm
Biggles

England 

I run mine at the recommenced pressure for the twenty inchers as fitted to the supercharged models and have no problems. The sticker for the pressure you need is on the inside of the drivers door. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #9698 Sat Jan 07 2006 12:39am
smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I also have 20" SC FE wheels fitted to my TDV6 HSE and the LR dealer did not say it invalidates the warranty - as I specifically asked about this.
Incidentally I had to source the wheels myself as my LR dealer insisted they could not get them from LR as an option, however despite the lack of help in getting hold of 'em, they did fit them for me and I have had no problems with them since (2k miles done)...

I was also a little annoyed having put my order in July to find out that I could have got the normal SC 20" wheels as part of the dynamic pack when it was announced in Oct/Nov 05...and all for the same price as the 20" SC FE's Sad... however that said I would have had to put back the order until February 06 and I didn't want to wait that long Smile Range Rover Sport TdV6HSE Bonatti Grey 20" FE Stormer wheels, Privacy Glass, Mats, Boot Mat, black badges, SC grille and vents

Post #9714 Sat Jan 07 2006 12:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1