RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Battery location??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
Battery location??

It may sounds funny but it happen to me..I was searching for the battery location to connect the air compressor ofter offroading...I opened my hood (third time during 2 month after ownership) and I found all plastic covers so where is the battery hidden?..I thought it maybe in the rear like some BMW so I tried to find it...still searching help Razz 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST Silver

SOLD-V8 Defender 90

Last edited by sportman on Thu Mar 22 2007 9:45am. Edited 3 times in total

Post #96167 Thu Mar 22 2007 4:51am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...CATION.pdf Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #96170 Thu Mar 22 2007 7:11am
sportman

Bobby

so that means I have to remove the cover each time I need to use my compressor Big Cry
there is no any (+) and (-) ports to connect it to the battery I found BMW has it..oh man thanks any way for help Sad 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST Silver

SOLD-V8 Defender 90

Last edited by sportman on Thu Mar 22 2007 9:46am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #96171 Thu Mar 22 2007 7:16am
Bobby

BMW has that because the battery is way back in the boot and this helps especially if you're jump starting etc. Malaysia Boleh!

Post #96172 Thu Mar 22 2007 7:22am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sport, you need to get a compressor with a plug that will fit into the cigarette lighter sockets - they are easily available over here. Make sure thought that if you do buy one it has a very long cable as some are not long enough for Land Rovers. Then you can plug into the rear seat lighter socket, the boot socket or the front lighter socket to pump up the tyres with out risk of blowing yourself into outer space with a massive shock 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #96191 Thu Mar 22 2007 9:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sportman

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Sport, you need to get a compressor with a plug that will fit into the cigarette lighter sockets - they are easily available over here. Make sure thought that if you do buy one it has a very long cable as some are not long enough for Land Rovers. Then you can plug into the rear seat lighter socket, the boot socket or the front lighter socket to pump up the tyres with out risk of blowing yourself into outer space with a massive shock

Tim what type of compressor u will recommend I'm having ARB now....shall I change the configuration instad of clips) and change to cigarette plug. but r u sure that it can take the Amps...I do not think manufacture recommend that coz direct connation to the battery is more safe specially with high Amps...any electrician here in this forum to help 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Buckingham Blue, Ivory converted to HST Silver

SOLD-V8 Defender 90

Post #96203 Thu Mar 22 2007 9:54am
Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes it will be ok with the current, but please quickly get the cigarette lighter adaptor that Tim mentioned because if you start goinig on and off the battery, particularly the POS lead(+) you will spike the ECU's on the vehicle.
Could this be your troulbe with the main beam head light you are having grief with
If you do have to attach any thing at all to the battery at any time always put the NEG (-) on last and always take this one off first. This cuts down the risk of spiking any systems on the vehicle, because on todays designs they are far too sensitive to go clipping onto the battery unless you know it is safe.

Thumbs Up You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #96209 Thu Mar 22 2007 10:32am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I bought mine from Halfords in the UK many years ago but they still sell the same ones. It is small enough to fit in the polystyrene tray under the boot floot (in the large rectangular cut-out) and has a long enough lead to blow up any tyre while plugged into the front socket. Cost me something like £12........................... It's not the fastest pump on earth but it's sure beats using a foot pump, especially when I have been using the Defender and had to let air out of the huge tyres on it! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #96216 Thu Mar 22 2007 10:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

sportman wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Sport, you need to get a compressor with a plug that will fit into the cigarette lighter sockets - they are easily available over here. Make sure thought that if you do buy one it has a very long cable as some are not long enough for Land Rovers. Then you can plug into the rear seat lighter socket, the boot socket or the front lighter socket to pump up the tyres with out risk of blowing yourself into outer space with a massive shock

Tim what type of compressor u will recommend I'm having ARB now....shall I change the configuration instad of clips) and change to cigarette plug. but r u sure that it can take the Amps...I do not think manufacture recommend that coz direct connation to the battery is more safe specially with high Amps...any electrician here in this forum to help

Just change the clips to a cigarete lighter plug, I have a compressor as well that works fine off the plug Thumbs Up some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #96493 Thu Mar 22 2007 7:35pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

It really depends on how much juice your compressor demands when it is running. The faster the inflator, the more amperage is usually required. I have a Masterflow Tsunami (that's how it is called here in the US, anyway):

, which is pretty much as powerful as 12v air inflators get: It can easily refill my aired down 18s in less than 1 minute (each) after I go offroading without breaking a sweat. But it draws a whopping 30 amps when running! If I connected it anywhere else but directly to the battery with the provided alligator clips, it would probably blow a fuse. I don't have the Sport's manual handy, but I believe 12v cigarette lighters are normally wired to 15A circuits in most cars. So, in my case converting the clips to a cig plug would probably not work.

Anyway, the battery cover is really not that big of a deal to remove, at least enough to allow you to connect the clips to the terminals. After a couple of times you get used to it. And I agree with the above poster, connect Neg last and disconnect first to minimize the risk of any spikes. 

Post #96520 Thu Mar 22 2007 9:03pm
Bobby

Nutty Nige wrote:
Yes it will be ok with the current, but please quickly get the cigarette lighter adaptor that Tim mentioned because if you start goinig on and off the battery, particularly the POS lead(+) you will spike the ECU's on the vehicle.
Could this be your troulbe with the main beam head light you are having grief with
If you do have to attach any thing at all to the battery at any time always put the NEG (-) on last and always take this one off first. This cuts down the risk of spiking any systems on the vehicle, because on todays designs they are far too sensitive to go clipping onto the battery unless you know it is safe.

Thumbs Up

Would agree with this advice. Thumbs Up Malaysia Boleh!

Post #96541 Thu Mar 22 2007 10:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1