RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > London RRS launch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Widdle

United Kingdom 
London RRS launch

Went to the launch last night hosted by Stratstones. Had four or so RRS - three SC and one V8 HSE, interestingly again no sign of a diesel although I was promised I could have a drive of one today.

Rear headroom still pretty tight, three of us sat in the back (average height 6 foot) and it was a bit of a squeeze. Went for a whizz round the block in the V8 and engine was punchy and responsive with a very growly exhaust note.

One of the SC models had the plastic silver air vents on the wings colour coded (black) to match the rest of the car and I have to say made it look much better and less cheap and tacky.

They also had the new Range Rover supercharged there too and that was some beast!

For me having seen the RRS in the flesh again I'm tempted to buy a secondhand RR and trade to a second RRS next year. I really don't think I want to pay c £50,000 for a car that I feel isnt worth it. That is only my opinion though!

Post #95 Thu Jun 02 2005 10:41am
Biggles

England 

Widdle,
I Know what you are saying about (is it worth it). I still think I would have gone for the supercharged if it was not for an offer to good to refuse from work. So it will be the 2.7TDV6 for me. I would very much appreciate your thought on the test drive of this car with the derv engine.
Also I was trolling through the auto trader on the net and there is a 4.2 first edition going for £65000.00 way to much and already with one owner.

Post #96 Thu Jun 02 2005 10:55am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Biggles wrote:
Widdle,
Also I was trolling through the auto trader on the net and there is a 4.2 first edition going for £65000.00 way to much and already with one owner.

They are trying to get those folks who must,to quote the Sunday Times, "drive the car to be seen in this summer" and who MUST have a first edition, which were all sold out in the spring - these are the Vesuvius Orange cars and any SC model with Black Badging. However seeing as LR dealers will flog you black badges on a SC grille for £100 anybody can have a 1st Edition look alike. Mine was on the showroom floor with them already fitted!

Post #97 Thu Jun 02 2005 1:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Another interesting aside on dynamic response - no sign at all yet of when this can be specced on non SC models. Also having spoken to a couple of importers it is poss to get Sep delivery on any model with a saving of up to £5,000, cars being UK spec too.

Biggles I am out of country until Tuesday next week but have booked my test drive on Weds am with the diesel. Will let you know how I get on.

Post #104 Thu Jun 02 2005 9:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1