RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Misery

United Kingdom 
Tyres

Took my mothers mini in to have the tyre repaired, nail in the centre of the tread, sorry sir you can't repair run flats if the PSI is below 14 well it's run flat so you need a new tyre. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Anyway the real point. Was asking him about my SC tyres scrubbing the edges off, He replied "oh we have had 6 in the last 2 weeks from the local dealer and many more before for replcement tyres under warranty". Some RRS came out with alinement (spelling) issues can't get a recall on them because it is not a safety issue he said, he is also prepared to say that to my dealer.

Phoned my dealer going in for it's first service and he will look at them. He said there was an issue with some chassis numbers with ride etc which would cause the tyres to scrub and they were replace under warranty.

Well I asked my dealer to rotate mine because they were wearing so badly at 4K, now I have heard about this I am going to see what I can get done. I need 4 new tyres now Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry as the Conti's have had it and I have only done 13K all the edges are nearly bald.

Has anyone else heard of this.

Post #95552 Wed Mar 21 2007 9:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

Misery,

It dosen't matter if the outside edges are scrubbed. As long as the centre 2/3 throughout the entire circumference of the tyre have over 1.6mm then they are legal.

Any garage/dealer that is telling you different is just trying to steal money from you Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Wink Wink
When mine went in for its service at the dealer last month they said the same to me. As I'm on a maintenance contract I took it to Kwick fit to check who promptly said come back in several thousand miles as they are still very legal. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #95556 Wed Mar 21 2007 10:01am
MDP

United Kingdom 

I agree with Josh......

Misery , I have only done 14k in mine and the front tyres are worn on the outer edge as you describe, but accross the tyre - the tread is still fine for a fare few miles yet.

BUT , I have a set of 4 new tyres sitting in my garage plus 2 extra nearly new spares.

I'll send you a PM re tyre contact Thumbs Up 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #95649 Wed Mar 21 2007 12:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1