Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Bowler Evolution based on the RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

access

Malta 
Bowler Evolution based on the RRS

http://www.bowler-offroad.com/Promofade.html

"Our new vehicle is a full blown desert racer designed to cope with the harshest events the World Off Road Rally circuit can provide.
Fully independent adjustable suspension will maintain traction over the roughest terrain. A wider track to give better handling in tight technical stages and a longer wheelbase providing greater stability and poise at speed.
This vehicle will provide the same thrill and performance of our previous race vehicle's but with the added style and refinement of a performance coupe.
The aggressive muscular lines are a reminder of the vehicles racing heritage. Sculpted front side vents provide engine cooling whilst rear intakes supply cool air for both the brakes and dampers.
Combining a lightweight tubular frame and carbon composite body panels with a 4.2ltr supercharged V8 produces a vehicle capable of propelling you from 0 -102kmph in under 4.5 seconds."

Post #9151 Sat Dec 31 2005 8:08am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Does it come in any other colour. That greys a bit dull and the colour matching of all parts goes a bit too far! Very Happy Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #9152 Sat Dec 31 2005 8:57am
DMC

United Kingdom 

The Wildcat was a ridiculous piece of kit can't wait to see more details on this!! 996 TT & RRS 2.7TDV6 HSE.

Last edited by DMC on Tue Jan 03 2006 12:58pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #9263 Tue Jan 03 2006 10:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer

United Kingdom 

Okay, I'm confused Confused
In what way is it based on the RRS? 

Post #9278 Tue Jan 03 2006 11:05am
MDP

United Kingdom 
Re: Bowler Evolution based on the RRS

access wrote:
http://www.bowler-offroad.com/Promofade.html

"Our new vehicle is a full blown desert racer designed to cope with the harshest events the World Off Road Rally circuit can provide.
Fully independent adjustable suspension will maintain traction over the roughest terrain. A wider track to give better handling in tight technical stages and a longer wheelbase providing greater stability and poise at speed.
This vehicle will provide the same thrill and performance of our previous race vehicle's but with the added style and refinement of a performance coupe.
The aggressive muscular lines are a reminder of the vehicles racing heritage. Sculpted front side vents provide engine cooling whilst rear intakes supply cool air for both the brakes and dampers.
Combining a lightweight tubular frame and carbon composite body panels with a 4.2ltr supercharged V8 produces a vehicle capable of propelling you from 0 -102kmph in under 4.5 seconds."

Hi Access,
is this to be your personal new car? Is it to be raced around Malta , if so where? or will have you got a regular RRS like the rest of us?

Are there any RRS's in Malta yet, I know Malta quite well ( my wifes parents are Malteese - her surname used to be CAUCHI ) she misses things like Kinnie & pastitsi ....I prefer the CISK & Hopleaf myself. We have got relatives all over the Island - Zejtun,Sliema,St Julians,Mosta.........and so on. We used to holiday with her Aunt a lot when she lived on Gozo, they had Two homes one in Gharb and one in Xaghra, I could go on and on but do remember some great times over the years. Cool 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #9285 Tue Jan 03 2006 11:28am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Slimer wrote:
Okay, I'm confused Confused
In what way is it based on the RRS?

Not that it makes it "based on" but I'm assuming it has the same 4.2 lump as the SC. I doubt much else would be similar - having seen the Wildcat in action, the RRS would probably last about 5 mins before ending up as a crumpled pile of metal Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #9303 Tue Jan 03 2006 1:16pm
access

Malta 

Hi MDP,

I read an article some time ago on LRO about Bowler doing a racer based on the RRS and they had the backing of LR. If it is going to be like the one on the web site, it definitely will have same similarity to the RRS.
It will compete in the 2007 Dakar against the Mitsubishi, Volkswagens and BMW.

MDP I am from Naxxar, not very far from Mosta. There are quite a few RRS here, in fact I was talking to the LR against and he told me the he sold more RRS then Discovery 3. As you might know here we pay 100% tax on new cars so the RRS HSE cost about Lm43, 000 which is a lot compared to the UK.

At the moment I can not decide on which one to go for, I prefer the Disco 3 but my wife wants the RRS. I think in the end I will go for the RRS because of the interior and it is a little bit smaller the Disco3. Do you know when the Diesel V8 engine will be available?

Post #9361 Tue Jan 03 2006 10:26pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

access wrote:
Do you know when the Diesel V8 engine will be available?

I don't think there's an official word from LR yet about when it will be available in the RRS. Some folks say not until 2007, some folks say 2007 model year which would mean cars shipped in Sept 2006. I guess we will wait and listen for the announcement as it comes. I'm not sure about in Malta, but in the UK dealers are happy to take deposits for the V8 diesel RRS notwithstanding the fact that they won't be able to tell you when it will arrive! Smile 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #9365 Tue Jan 03 2006 11:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1