RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > CCTV to record every car journey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
CCTV to record every car journey

Mail on Sunaday 1/1/2005

The Government palns to install cctv along all roads to record every car journat we make. From March 2006 every numberplate will be read automatically and the authorities will be able to pinpoint the movements of a particular vehicle. Face recognition is also being tested.

I for one find this a very worrying step against our freedom. People who are pro these measures always say 'If you've got nothing to hide........' but that may be true but invariaby these private details are sold to private companies proven by the recent revelation when the DVLA sold car details and addresses to banks, lawyers etc at £2.50 each.

I would be interested to hear this forums views. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #9197 Sun Jan 01 2006 7:43pm
scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
cctv cameras

VA, does that mean that when I go to your favourite dogging park, I should continue to wear my leather face mask ??

Post #9202 Sun Jan 01 2006 9:11pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
Re: cctv cameras

scorpio wrote:
VA, does that mean that when I go to your favourite dogging park, I should continue to wear my leather face mask ??

I guess so but you should be ok the Chief Constable is a regular! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #9203 Sun Jan 01 2006 9:14pm
scorpio

cctv

I saw a car recently in a area habitated by our eastern european cousins, where the number plates back and front were covered in a plastic bag, which looked all crinkly, so maybe they would misdirect a camera
at the end of the day, all that will happen is that number plate theft will papidly increase

Post #9204 Sun Jan 01 2006 9:15pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 
Re: cctv

scorpio wrote:
I saw a car recently in a area habitated by our eastern european cousins, where the number plates back and front were covered in a plastic bag, which looked all crinkly, so maybe they would misdirect a camera
at the end of the day, all that will happen is that number plate theft will papidly increase

Yes and my plate could be cloaned and I could be arrested with the new laws that the EU want to introduce - Guilty until proven innocent! If it's a major case I could then be locked up for a long time until I prove my innocence.

Your civil liberties in the UK are being eroded bit by bit and no one seems concerned. The government use the anti-terrorism laws to back everything up. Remember the old man at the Labour conference was arrested on anti-terrorism laws - what a joke. Also as from today the police can arrest you for braking any law including dropping litter, illegal parking etc. I'm worried for our freedom because nearly everyone breaks some law everyday even if they don't know they have done so. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #9205 Sun Jan 01 2006 9:34pm
scorpio

cctv

VA,
I was going to see the naughty place on tuesday, but I have to stay at home as the local council want to enter my house and see whar luxury items I have in my home. First on there list is whether |I have a inside toilet. I shall lock the toilet door, and run a rope to the bottom of the garden so the inspector shall have to follow it down. Will he be in for a shock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are quiet correct about our civil liberties being slowy eroded ,I wonder if that guy fron the anti 4x4 brigade is jumping up and down with joy over all this, as he tries on his xmas present jumper with leather elbow pads

Post #9207 Sun Jan 01 2006 9:46pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Quote:
I was going to see the naughty place on tuesday, but I have to stay at home as the local council want to enter my house and see whar luxury items I have in my home

Yeah and who vets these hundreds of inspectors? I'm just waiting for the case of an inspector being charged with passing on information to a burglar who then nicks goods from a house - it's only a matter of time. Oh yes I bet Blair, Brown, Mandleson and the rest will not have their houses searched due to some anti terrorism measures!

Rant over! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #9209 Sun Jan 01 2006 10:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1