RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > For all u US folk.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kam100

United Kingdom 
For all u US folk.

My cousins husband came to me yesterday online and asked me for my advice in regard to the following cars:

Infinity G35 coupe/ 4 door.
Bmw 3 Series
Other cars i would consider in this class, i.e. Mazda RX8.

He has 2 little girls, so is wondering whether a coupe would be best suited for his requirements, or should he buy a 4 door.
He is saying $30k is round about the price he wants to pay for his new motor.
Im unsure what to say to him, my only real advice would be to avoid jap cars and stick to prestige brand to watch depreciation but i realised that Censored ..
thats what i think over here, im not really in a position to comment really.
firstly what the hell is a G35, found out its basically prestige arm of nissan, (what lexus is to Toyota) and the G35 is their 350Z equivalent, with more power and more spec though..

So i thought i would advice on the basis of depreciation, and have a look at the used prices, but i can't even do that, as evey site u go on in US asks for a damn zip code, after putting in random figs, still can't get through.. never seen a zip code or know what it consists of, so anyone willing to let me use a zip code they know of just to browse through some sites,

or even better, anyone fancy having a dig at this little scenario and reccomending what car for him to buy? i trust ur judgement u are afterall driving an RRS!

thanks in advance, if u prefer PM ur zip code to me!

Post #9033 Thu Dec 29 2005 9:46pm
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

The Infinit G35 is a fantastic car both in Coupe and 4 door versions. The Coupe is as you say built on the 350Z chassis, but with usable rear seats for small children. The 4 door can even be had in AWD, and is also excellent; just not as 'sporty' as the Coupe which can be had with Brembo brakes, etc. A friend of mine at work has a G35 Coupe and it is fantastic. Infiniti dealership experience is probably second only to Lexus. For much less money comparing spec to spec, the Infinitis really give the BMW 3 series a run for their money. Residuals are high on prestige Japanese brands like Infiniti, Lexus, etc.

BMW 3 series: excellent as always especially as a 'driver's car', BUT the purchase price really starts to creep up there when you buy the 3.0 litre six engine with decent spec. Coupe not released here yet for the E63 series, should be soon. Four door with plenty of space for little ones. BUT, the Bangle, (Bungle?), styling is an acquired taste, and I personally like the looks of the G35 Coupe much more.

RX8: not much room in the back. Drinks oil and petrol like a fish. Great handling car; needs to have the balls revved off it for max performance.

Another great car is the Acura TL and TSX line. These are Honda's flagship brands in the US. Excellent driver's cars, great value for money, and great residuals again. Definitely have him look at the TL. My wife has been driving an Acura MDX, (Acura's 'SUV'), for 5 years now and it has been an excellent experience.

To check sites over here, use 66203 as 'your' zip. This is the zip code for Kansas City.

Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #9035 Thu Dec 29 2005 10:05pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White
Re: For all u US folk.

kam100 wrote:
My cousins husband came to me yesterday online ....

I believe your cousin's husband is in the US ...?
Then surely he has a zip code? Confused Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #9038 Thu Dec 29 2005 11:19pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Thanks Bish, Seems its a different kettle of fish over there.

My advice to most people on a tight budget, is to go for preowned or ex demos and save the money on the spec that the first person pays for, and take less of a hit come resale time, but Bmw's seem to hold their value slightly better there after new, so may not be quite the same. Will pass your view on via email and any others that come through on this post.

Bobby, you are right, he is in the US (houston, Texas to be exact) but he asked me over MSN and i didn't know i would need it then, i sent him a mail but he hasn't responded yet and i knew a quick post on here would yield quicker results, which it has done..

Thanks again.

Post #9046 Fri Dec 30 2005 2:20am
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Use 77056 for Houston, it used to be my ZIP when I lived there HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #9063 Fri Dec 30 2005 11:58am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Will do.. thanks.
Going to have a little hunt around on the net over the weekend see what i can dig up.. so far its depressing looking at how much cheaper the cars appear to be in $ but guess thats just because of the high £ right now.. but we do live in rip off britain as well which doesn't help!

Post #9064 Fri Dec 30 2005 12:05pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Only zip code I ever remember is 90210 (from eponymous TV programme), which I always end up using... Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #9071 Fri Dec 30 2005 1:27pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
Only zip code I ever remember is 90210 (from eponymous TV programme), which I always end up using... Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #9072 Fri Dec 30 2005 1:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1