RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Suggestions for improvments
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Frank wrote:
...but there is only Turbo Chip playing fair and, presumably, paying any fees.

You make some fair points, Frank. I think Martin has been on top of the recents visits by commercial entities to the board with a view some kind of arrangement if they wish to solicit business here. There's a fine line to be drawn between taking the pi** and innovative marketing, of course. The more businesses like Turbochip that can "officially" engage with the forum and provide some funding to enable the site to be run without Martin dipping any further into his pockets can only be a good thing.

I'd happily pay a fee to use the site, but it wouldn't be a good thing to make the site pay-only. It's against the spirit of the internet in general and would alienate the forum away from future expansion. If LR want to drop by and read all of our hot air for free, they should feel more than welcome. I know a number of our dealers have already been pointed in our direction.

I have been members of other forums for previous marques that I've owned but have to say I have participated in this one far more than I ever have previously. Seems to me that the membership are for the very most part sensible, friendly, helpful and "quality" to use your phrase Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #8480 Wed Dec 21 2005 12:18pm
Mr Bean

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I'm also in favour of some kind of annual fee or donating system to help run the site, and also agree it would be great to see some 'members/free advertisers' join Turbo Chip and put in some dosh.

As for Land Rover getting free research here maybe I'll not give out free remedies to problems to everybody anymore but devise a method of charging.

Depending on the problem/solution

A PM from a member who agrees with all my posts: F-O-C
A PM from a member who occasionally dissagrees with me: 25p
A PM from a member who always dissagrees: £1
A PM from dubious/unknown/Robin type member: £20
A PM from Land Rover or agents: £1000

Just a rough guideline for starters and of course all proceeds split 50/50 with Martin.

Now then, does anyone get a metallic rattling noise at low revs that's driving you insane? After 2 months trying to find it I've cured mine.

Post #8499 Wed Dec 21 2005 1:34pm
LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

I suppose a small 'joining' fee or contribution would be good but it may also put off some potential members.

As a sponsor I feel it's important to 'engage' with members and I'm a LR enthusiast too Wink

I drive a Disco3 and my partner drives a RR Sport so we both feel that we can contribute our personal experiences to the site.

Post #8556 Wed Dec 21 2005 8:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12