RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > ACC/Front Winch Compatibility
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

TJ101

England 

bkehoe wrote:
So TJ do you have the sensor box to the left at all? I was looking at a G4 RRS last week and the sensor box was definatly mounted at the front left, slightly higher than the winch. I reckon the numberplate would be the main thing confusing it, had you got all the bits it might have been worth a try getting the dealer to enable cruise and relocate the numberplate to see if it works.

As for your PDC, if you wrap the 2 inner sensors in self amalgamating tape, it should disable them (well, fools the system) and leave the outer two working if the dealer enables front PDC. At least this is what I've been told anyway, will find out soon when I put a winch on my D3!

Hi bkehoe, All the G4,would seam to have the plastic cover(sensor box) to the l/hand side, but there is nothing behind, and told the main module/radar should be sat in the middle, right behind where the winch is now fitted, When they were assembled, none of the main components were fitted, and to reinstate the cruise, cost would be in the region of £ 1500 for the bits + labour / vat etc, same goes for the front PDC

Landrover do not want to know, about sorting this out, Censored even though i am sure, the standard non-active cruise could be fitted

Open to any ideas etc, of how i can pursue further, as not happy, I have what is essentially a RRS HSE without any cruise 997 TT, RR TDV8 Vog SE 90 V8 Hybrid
www.wessex4x4response.org.uk
http://forum.innovate4x4.com
G4 RRS Gone

Post #84509 Sat Feb 17 2007 8:34pm
bkehoe

Ireland 

Ah I see. And normal cruise requires extra bits too? Would have thought it would have been part of the engine ECU, like on the old TD5s. Though I do remember people trying to retrofit cruise to base spec D3s being unable to easily do so, however I've seen pictures of one guy who got a third party cruise control system fitted - could be an option?

So are the parking sensors present or not? If not, and you've got rear PDC, I'd be willing to bet that the wiring loom is present for the front sensors (it is on D3s anyway) and you should be able to get the bits for a few hundred.

Post #84536 Sat Feb 17 2007 10:58pm
Pelyma

England 

A friend of mine wanted cruise fitted to his base D3, the dealer was happy to do it, but LR wouldn't let them - apparently

Post #84640 Sun Feb 18 2007 10:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123