RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Help with Computers..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

OK... well, I have some chaps that may well be willing to take this on for you. If your father needs selling on the idea of new kit and a small punch to this year's capex, they would be only too happy to talk with him. As I'm sure you and your father are aware, the initial expenditure on some new kit and some consultancy hours to set you asail on the Seven Seas of Happy IT will save you lots in real terms in the future. Let me know if you'd like their contact details and I'll PM them across. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #7776 Mon Dec 12 2005 5:54pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Huh.. there is actually a happy place for IT..
hehe.. nah, seriously, thanks very much.

Send me their details over, and i will get working on what we can do to improve. I think a complete scrap of the old dinosaurs and a synchro across the board of software will lead to ultimate performance and further intergration of IT systems into more work processes.. I think the actual investment now could be recouped within a 12 month time frame, let alone the hair pulling and hours of saved anguish and anger! i hate damn computers at the best of times, god knows how these pieces of crap haven't ended up out of the top floor window and onto the tarmac below!

Complete and utter confusion on my part, and i always thought i could find my way round a computer given a bit of time, but this has led me to believe computers do in fact have a mind of their own.

Will post them pics later..

Post #7777 Mon Dec 12 2005 6:09pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all you help and input guys,
Also thanks Kman for your contact, meeting him monday morning of next week when he can take a look at our systems and look to sort out our issues.

Hopefully on our way to computer bliss!!
(well can only hope!)
Thanks again.

Post #7837 Tue Dec 13 2005 12:05pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Thanks again KMan for the contact,
nice chap, came down to visit us today,
going for local server system with full upgrade of about 12-17 pc workstations (where required) to beable to run XP Pro across the board, with backup on site/offsite with removable USB Backup hard drive. Plus getting some more modern looking flat screens where we have a lot of staff sitting where things get a little claustraphobic with the massive old screens.

Found his quoted prices to be quite reasonable and we are waiting for the full quote now inclusive of everything, then we will see. He suggested a turn around of mid jan as well which suits us just fine.

Thanks again guys.

Post #8313 Mon Dec 19 2005 6:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12