Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Site News & Feedback > Odd problems with Internet Explorer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 
Odd problems with Internet Explorer

Just a quick note to say that I'm aware of a few width-related issues when viewing the site in Internet Explorer on small screen resolutions - I'm working on a fix and will sort it ASAP. Funnily enough the site looks fine in Firefox Rolling Eyes

Martin

Post #56 Mon May 30 2005 7:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have started using Firefox and also Thunderbird from Mozilla as my browser and email client. Have been having some problems with the Thunderbird set-uop as it doesn't like accessing my Wanadoo account.
I have suffered much less with popups and Spam since going over to them.
Martin have you had found any websites that Firefox cannot cope with yet? So far I have only found one I think.
For those of you stuck with Interent Explorer and Outlook try a test run on Firfox and Thunderbird, firefox seems to download webpages much faster than IE.
I have just gone over from dial-up to broadband and ran Firefox for a year on the dialup - it is noticably faster on a dialup

Post #76 Wed Jun 01 2005 7:54am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

I started using Firefox because IE started to "hang" for 4 or 5 seconds when loading pages, but only on the connection here in Cambridge Confused

Firefox has been great so far, it'll do 99% of sites - there are some sites which don't work (usually ones that use a lot of JavaScript), but a switch back to IE (and the hanging) sorts them.

The tabbed browsing is very very handy. Apparently the next version of IE will be copying it Rolling Eyes

Martin

Post #80 Wed Jun 01 2005 9:16am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I listened to a very interesting bit on Radio4 last night on my way home from the airport regarding the Brazilian Government now insisting that all state purchased computers are to be operated using shareware downloaded for free from the web instead of Windows.......... they are paying Bill Gates $250 per workstation for licence fees and that is hindering them from spreading their networks nationwide. It was also mentioned that the German Governement has decreed the same as have several major governments.......... Microsoft has also failed to comply with a directive that lapsed on 31st May 2005 from the EU regarding bundled MS software and not including software from other manufacturers.

Post #81 Wed Jun 01 2005 10:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1