RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Dashboard Creaking !!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black
Dashboard Creaking !!

I just don't know what else can go wrong with my RRS; I've almost had it with this car!

I don't know if anyone else suffers from this stupid but very annoying problem?

My dashboard / gearbox tunnel is creaking!! Badly and noticeably!

When I go over the 17 speed humps taking the kids to school and 17 back and just about any other bump in the road; it creeks and groans.

And of course now I am waiting for it. Strangely it is also linked to temperature. If the car is very cold, as it warms up it creaks and groans; like the materials are all expanding and are tight somewhere.

Its so stupid I know but also it only seems to have started to do it since the latest visit to the dealer back in November.

Maybe it is linked to the suspension or software of something but it is damned annoying and something which you just don't expect from a car with such a high price-tag!

Anyone else noticed this on theirs? or is it just me?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #78557 Mon Jan 29 2007 12:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Peter, you have a PM. Thumbs Up Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #78698 Mon Jan 29 2007 7:43pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Peter I get a small amount of dash creek when I drive down the lane where I live, will be mentioning it when it goes in for some warranty work next week.

Post #78897 Tue Jan 30 2007 11:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lateral5

Australia 
Re: Dashboard Creaking !!

Peter wrote:
I don't know if anyone else suffers from this stupid but very annoying problem?

My dashboard / gearbox tunnel is creaking!! Badly and noticeably!

Yep, yep, yep Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

What's the fix, I have been pouring ArmourAll down the crack between the dash and the gearbox facia.....did not really fix it. RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #79094 Wed Jan 31 2007 4:28am
Peter

So I'm not entirely bonkers?

I have just had one of those enlightened moments that life sometimes delivers!!

I thought that my RRS had been especially made to annoy the hell out of me and that no-one else on the planet had similar problems or annoyances!

The newest one (annoyance) is when I rest my left arm (elbow) on the cubby box lid (where the fridge goes on the SC) it too has now started to groan and creek. Stops when I kift my arm, starts again when I put my arm back again.

My old Volvo V70 never ever made a single creek or gran in six years. I wonder if the guy I sold it to would swap it for a Range Rover Sport??? It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Post #79243 Wed Jan 31 2007 8:51pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Had both "creaks" in my car... The one from the armrest they fixed on the first try, tightening screws and adding some anti-rattle tape somewhere around the hinges of the cubby box lid. The one between gearbox tunnel and center dash (right around the crack between tunnel and vertical panel where the temperature control knobs are) took them two tries to get rid of, as mine would do it only when the car was hot and the first time they claim they "couldn't duplicate". The second time I crammed some business cards in the crack, as I found those would somehow eliminate the noise. I told them to drive the car on broken pavement after leaving it in the sun a couple of hours, then drive it again with those business cards removed. That did the trick I guess. They replaced some broken or loose plastic clips behind the panel (don't know which one) and I have had no creaks and groans since.

Lateral5, doesn't your car smell like a mechanic in need of a shower now? Very Happy 

Post #79252 Wed Jan 31 2007 9:37pm
Peter

umbertob wrote:
I told them to drive the car on broken pavement after leaving it in the sun a couple of hours, then drive it again with those business cards removed. That did the trick I guess. They replaced some broken or loose plastic clips behind the panel (don't know which one) and I have had no creaks and groans since.
Very Happy

That is exactly what I should have told them as it describes the scenario perfectly - thanks It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Post #79259 Wed Jan 31 2007 10:27pm
Lateral5

Australia 

umbertob wrote:
....Lateral5, doesn't your car smell like a mechanic in need of a shower now? Very Happy

Rolling with laughter From the Armourall or from the smelly mechanics? doesn't smell too bad as the armourall is lemon scented. It did when I got it back though as it was in for 47 days getting most of the driveline replaced and having mechanics crawling all over it Rolling Eyes RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #79308 Thu Feb 01 2007 8:33am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Only one small problem Peter.

The dealers over here will struggle to find a couple of hours of sun to stand your Sport under. Laughing Laughing Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #79616 Thu Feb 01 2007 9:34pm
Peter

I will show them your avatar and tell them my RRS does tthat too! It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

Post #79702 Thu Feb 01 2007 11:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1