Cost of my spec RRS Supercharged in UK

£57,850 = $103,082.68 US Dollars

or look at it another way in the US my spec would cost

$70,150 US Dollars only £39,371.68

" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #757 Fri Jul 01 2005 10:41am
grommet

United States 

You really can't compare pricing between markets, especially with the incredibly weak dollar here.

Post #762 Fri Jul 01 2005 3:25pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Don't get me started.....this country never ceases to baffle and annoy me.

80% taxation on our fuel
    Higher car prices to start with
    Rubbish road quality in many places where budgets have been spent on stupid things like traffic calming
    Speed cameras everywhere, proven not to prevent accidents only to generate cash for Mr Blair and his crones

Remember the Afghanistani hijackers who forced the plane down at Stansted a few years ago? Not only did we stand firm at the time and say the UK will not give in to terrorists blah blah blah, we then gave them houses, money and they are bringing over the rest of their families, none of them have jobs and guess who is paying for all of this....

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #764 Fri Jul 01 2005 5:38pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Cheer up RRUK, you never know, the British & Irish Lions just may win the 2nd test.

But I know.................." IT DOES YOUR HEAD IN"

Post #767 Fri Jul 01 2005 11:52pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Guys, guys!

In my country, an RRS Supercharged 1st Edition is costing me more than GBP100,000.Thats One Hundred Thousand Great Britain Pounds!! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #770 Sat Jul 02 2005 4:15am
HansNL

Netherlands 

Why complaining about prices in England :
RRS SC 1st in the Netherlands about Euro 114.000,00 = GBP 77.000,00.

Post #772 Sat Jul 02 2005 5:44pm
poffer

United Kingdom 

MDP,

I suspect the USA price is excluding local taxes - so to compare you should deduct the VAT. Still dearer (around £49k), but won't make you so upset Crying or Very sad
Pete

Post #829 Tue Jul 05 2005 2:45pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I raised this with Land Rover 5-6 years ago when Freelander was launched in the USA.................... The difference in price was even more horrendous and it wasn't down to local taxes or exchange rates. Generally prices of cars in the USA are way lower than here or Europe becuase there is so much competition. All European marques are less expensive in the USA than in their home countries because they have to be marked down in price to be competitive in the American market. This was really apparrent with the Freelander which in the USA was only available with the 2.5V6 engine and spec for spec cost about 50% of the same model in the UK, basically Land Rover made very little profit on the wagon because it would not have been competitive in it's market sector there and would never have sold............ Disco/LR3/RR and RR Sport the price is less senstitive as they all compete in a very small and lucrative section of luxury SUV's and Land Rover can get away with less mark down on the UK price.
I'm not defending the practice, I think it is wicked that we get ripped off this way but then if the prices were not lower in the USA then Land Rover would not be exporting there and our balance of payments would be even worse!
As was pointed out further up the thread, you would think our proces are pretty competitive when you compare them to places like Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Brazil where the governments are loading on taxes to imported cars to protect their own car industries

Post #830 Tue Jul 05 2005 2:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Remember that Land Rover hasn't made Ford any profit at all yet and Ford have invested Billions on designs, machinery and training ! You can entirely understand why Ford try to achieve the best possible selling price in each market. Its a perfectly legitimate thing to do and I cannot see how anyone can claim to have been "ripped off". No one is forced to buy a RRS afterall.....

Post #842 Wed Jul 06 2005 7:14am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Smarticus wrote:
Remember that Land Rover hasn't made Ford any profit at all yet and Ford have invested Billions on designs, machinery and training ! You can entirely understand why Ford try to achieve the best possible selling price in each market. Its a perfectly legitimate thing to do and I cannot see how anyone can claim to have been "ripped off". No one is forced to buy a RRS afterall.....

I agree/understand, its not Ford or Landrover I'm having a dig at..... its the UK car market position.We are heavily taxed & have to pay too much for our motoring in general. But, what choice do we have other than buying an import where savings are at least £5k or more on RRS's.But I know we won't as we all prefer the easy route of .... the "local Dealer"

Enjoy your motoring while you can.............. it wont be too long before "Mr Average" simply can't afford to drive at all. Crying or Very sad

And we all know you can rely on Public Transport Question 

Post #844 Wed Jul 06 2005 9:27am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

We will all soon be driving a Land Rover.............. if the roads department round here continue in the same vein as they have for the last 5 years we will all be green laning on the so called "trunk" roads, so little maintenance gets done on the non motorway routes.

Post #845 Wed Jul 06 2005 10:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1