RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Going to get mine tomorrow :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Biggles

England 
Its Finaly here

Got a call late this afternoon, If you can get here before we close you can collect your car. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Will post some photos if I get the chance but we are currently in the process of packing and time is short.
Have been round to my brothers already showing off and have umpteen phone calls regarding and congratulating on the new car. The jungle drums dont take long round here.
I am going to get as many miles on as poss before parking it up tommorrow for two weeks.
What else can I say I'm totally over the moon when this afternoon I had arranged for a friend to pick us up tommorrow and run us to the airport for our hols and at the last minute I found myself ccharging up the M6 to collect the RRS.
So far with only 44 miles on the clock and it is just awesome.

Thank you all for your comments of support over the past few weeks if I dont get chance to post again tonight will log on after the hols to catch up and resume my input into the forum.
Just as a footnote the RRS was sat waiting for me with a full tank of derv and ready to go,

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #733 Thu Jun 30 2005 7:52pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Your holiday is now spoiled - you will only be thinking of all those miles you will be clocking within a few days of getting home!
Have a great trip Biggles, glad it was worth all the hassles, you will love it more and more as the miles go on it!

Post #734 Thu Jun 30 2005 7:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Congrats Biggles - do you need anyone to look after it for a couple of weeks? Wink

Glad the dealer managed to get it sorted for you, quite impressed Very Happy

Have a great holiday! Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #735 Thu Jun 30 2005 7:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Widdle

United Kingdom 

Great news Biggles, glad you've got it! Will pester you on your return from holiday! Have a good break.

Regards

Widdle

Post #736 Thu Jun 30 2005 7:58pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

What can one say, Biggles. All the wait, all the tension!! We are all very happy for you.
Now go enjoy your holidays (if you can manage, as Tim in Scotland rightly pointed out), come back to post all the juicy details we want to hear.
Good luck, friend!! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #740 Thu Jun 30 2005 10:47pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Great news Biggles Laughing

Have a great holiday & switch off for a while.... time to relax. Although I must say things were looking a touch bleak earlier.... no car for airport run etc.
I was going to cheer you up,think of me ,got to sell the S4 cab now/imm as its prime time for selling convertables as I dred to think what it would be worth come sept/autumn Sad I will have to struggle by till then.

Anyway enough of that, have a great holiday.

" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #744 Thu Jun 30 2005 11:28pm
Biggles

England 

Thanks Guys,

See you all in two weeks.

Ps, Her indoors is in bed and ive just got in from a spot of night driving Im so impressed with the adaptive lighting I could have driven all night.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #745 Fri Jul 01 2005 12:21am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Biggles wrote:
Thanks Guys,

Ps, Her indoors is in bed and ive just got in from a spot of night driving Im so impressed with the adaptive lighting I could have driven all night.

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Happy Holidays, Take Care & God Bless!! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #746 Fri Jul 01 2005 12:26am
simmikie

United States 

Biggles wrote:
Thanks Guys,

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Enjoy the time with family the truck/car/wagon will be there when you get back. What is the RRS anyway? Is it car, truck or wagon? Neve rmind, rhetorical!

Happy Holidays!!!

simmikie

Post #751 Fri Jul 01 2005 7:50am
Tim in Scotland

Adaptive Headlights - Comments

Biggles wrote:
..........I'ive just got in from a spot of night driving Im so impressed with the adaptive lighting I could have driven all night.
Smile Smile Smile Smile

This weeks Autocar - report on the Disco 3 they are running. Steve Cropley
writes in his 5000 mile report that he couldn't now live without adaptive headlights..............."amazing how quickly you come to depend on these for manouvring in tight spaces, covered carparks a speciality!" are us less mortals whose cars don't have them missing something here?

Citroen were so far ahead of the times in the 60's and 70's when they fitted adaptive headlights to the DS....................... so now it's time has come, they were considered useful then but they died a bit of a death!

Post #752 Fri Jul 01 2005 8:00am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Tim from what vault in your memory do you manage to find all this historic information........ IMPRESSIVE Very Happy 

Post #754 Fri Jul 01 2005 8:17am
Tim in Scotland

As a very young lad I always wanted a Citroen DS Family Safari - today they would make a Hummer look like a toy they were so huge!. I used to have all the brochures for them (lord how I wished I had kept that lot now, I could afford to buy a Supercharged on the proceeds of selling them now instead of throwing them in the rubbish 20 years ago!!) I was a Citroen "anorak" before the term anorak was thought of.
When Citroen replaced the DS the end of the world nearly arrived and I was still too young to own one! You can still buy rebuilt ones now but they cost the earth and they are too complex for a non engineer to even contemplate owning.
These days, if you dropped by my place with a Citroen SM I would kill you for it!
It was a DS based 3 door fastback with a Maserati 3.0l V6 and all the "real" Citroen quirks.................. hydro-pneumatic suspension (another thing Citroen pioneered back in the 50's and is only now catching on!) for that magic carpet seasick inducing ride, rotating drum speedo and rev counter and digital instruments, single spoke steering wheel, brake force distribution, self leveling suspension, aerodynamics in the 60's that it took Audi to equal in the late 70's, and a sort of self-dissolving body that makes Lancias look like they were built to last centuries! At least the SM had many fibreglass panels made by Matra (the arms makers!)
The DS was brilliant - the SM - a small boys dream!
http://www.citroensm.net/
http://www.semantics.uk.com/home.htm

Post #756 Fri Jul 01 2005 8:41am
MDP

United Kingdom 

.................... and they seem to be getting back on track with the forthcoming launch of the new C6

Perhaps this should have gone in the "off topic" section of posts? 

Post #759 Fri Jul 01 2005 10:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234