RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Suspension Lowering
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

LRtuning

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue

We are currently looking at the software commands to isolate the air suspension control. Chips with everything

Post #12864 Sun Feb 12 2006 3:45pm
vip-culture.com

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

i could live w/ 20mm lower all the time driving or standing still Very Happy www.vip-culture.com | 06 RRS HSE | 06 Odyssey Touring

Post #12909 Mon Feb 13 2006 6:29am
noddy and bigears

England 

rrmad wrote:
its easy enough to drop it by 150mm but that would be twice as stupid as 75mm. Little benefit to touching it unless you are going to make further mods, spent days road testing suspension heights. These autologic boxes can get the uninitiated into trouble - I'd stick with the chipping TC.
COME ON THEN THE SUSPENCE IS KILLING ME OR ARE YOU FULL OF IT

Post #13597 Fri Feb 17 2006 9:45pm
rrmad

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

noddy and bigears wrote:
rrmad wrote:
its easy enough to drop it by 150mm but that would be twice as stupid as 75mm. Little benefit to touching it unless you are going to make further mods, spent days road testing suspension heights. These autologic boxes can get the uninitiated into trouble - I'd stick with the chipping TC.
COME ON THEN THE SUSPENCE IS KILLING ME OR ARE YOU FULL OF IT

Full of what??

We have used different wheel tyre and suspension settings within reasonably controlled environments, using competent drivers capable of constant lap times. On stsndard 20" rims and tyres lowering the suspension by 75mm created little to no advantage over a std setup or indeed -25mm, however when the car was loaded with four people we experienced fouling on hard corners on the rear wheel arch - I am sure you would agree this is the time to stop! The fastest setup was -50mm and 22" rims the vehicle was then extremely competetnt at all loadings. We have developed damper kits for the RR and may have a look at this for the RRS but the car is very well set up for what it is and the ability of the driver normally fails it before a few mm here and there. Want it to look good on the drive leave it in access mode. THe 100mph thing maybe what because of fouling not many people are fully loading the suspension on bends at 100mph so the benefit of a little more areodynamic stability makes some sense. I wonder if a fully loaded standard car thrown round a bend at more than 100 might also foul, I'll give it go!

Post #13639 Sat Feb 18 2006 2:35pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White
Re: dropping

Bobby wrote:
noddy and bigears wrote:
rrmad wrote:
can you fill us in more on your findings ie why a lower centre of gravity etc is of no benifit why is 75mm stupid etc some of us may like to know or is it just personal choice it could be an interesting thread thanks graham

Good one. Lowering at an earlier mph is certainly a good idea.
However, what do you think of lowering of 75mm at 50 mph? Your thoughts will benefit some of us.

noddy, when are you going to answer this????? Mad Mad
Or maybe you have no ideas Question Question Wink Wink Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #13642 Sat Feb 18 2006 2:42pm
noddy and bigears

England 
it got the anwsers

well it got an anwser didnt it i wasnt the one who 20 odd days ago said it was STUPID and then just kept quiet i did post and bring the subject up to refresh it i havent claimed to know anything about lowering suspention if your going to shoot someone down in flames like you have tried to do to TC then the best you can do is back your typing up a bit quicker mabe some people might just be driving down a motorway at 70 - 80 mph and not throwing it into hard corners fully loaded they might just like it the same as they like tinted windows clear repeters supercharged grill etc if someone offers a service and someone buys it thats buisness Idea

Post #13651 Sat Feb 18 2006 5:53pm
rrmad

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Re: it got the anwsers

noddy and bigears wrote:
well it got an anwser didnt it i wasnt the one who 20 odd days ago said it was STUPID and then just kept quiet i did post and bring the subject up to refresh it i havent claimed to know anything about lowering suspention if your going to shoot someone down in flames like you have tried to do to TC then the best you can do is back your typing up a bit quicker mabe some people might just be driving down a motorway at 70 - 80 mph and not throwing it into hard corners fully loaded they might just like it the same as they like tinted windows clear repeters supercharged grill etc if someone offers a service and someone buys it thats buisness Idea

N & B not sure if this directed at me or Bobby - by the way I think it is very different not sure how many people have come off the road or even been killed by clear side repeaters or tints whereas people making niave mods to suspension and brakes have. The reason I bit was that TC is considered an expert with a valued view and my frustration was that people would possibly have a go themselves without realising there were consequences, I am sure TC would have come up with the same findings as me before he formally released the mod. Oh and the man driving 70- 80 down the motorway: why bother he isn't really the guy for any type of suspension mod or do you know something I don't: is the car inherently unstable in these conditions - I don't think so. Whilst it is everybodys choice what they buy is it not the benefit of this valuable board that people contribute to at the least express their view but more importantly point out a product/service that is flawed with potential danger. My view was based on experience not theory or whim and it cost nothing - surely this is what this board is about? Wish I had as much spare time as you to reply in a considered manner. Anything you may want to know, why not send me a civil PM I always priorotize those.

Post #13706 Sun Feb 19 2006 9:37am
noddy and bigears

England 

We have used different wheel tyre and suspension settings within reasonably controlled environments, using competent drivers capable of constant lap times. On stsndard 20" rims and tyres lowering the suspension by 75mm created little to no advantage over a std setup or indeed -25mm, however when the car was loaded with four people we experienced fouling on hard corners on the rear wheel arch - I am sure you would agree this is the time to stop! The fastest setup was -50mm and 22" rims the vehicle was then extremely competetnt at all loadings. We have developed damper kits for the RR and may have a look at this for the RRS but the car is very well set up for what it is and the ability of the driver normally fails it before a few mm here and there. Want it to look good on the drive leave it in access mode. THe 100mph thing maybe what because of fouling not many people are fully loading the suspension on bends at 100mph so the benefit of a little more areodynamic stability makes some sense. I wonder if a fully loaded standard car thrown round a bend at more than 100 might also foul, I'll give it go![/quote] right my frustrtion is when people totaly rebuff an idea publicly (i.e this forum)then dont seem to want to backup their typing as for having the time to post i will not post a reply on a thread like you have knowing full well it will provoke an interest if i didnt have the time to reply to any questions it generated as for PMing you say it on the forum for everyone to see and decide for theirselves as to the lowering you are stating lap times etc what has lap times got to do with a car lets say it lowers after driving at 70 mph constant for 1 minute for instance a trip down the M4 from what i recall of my many trips down the said motorway there are no hard bends to "throw" it into many people just drive "normal"it sound like you have been thrashing one around a track not driving normaly on normal roads i suspect most people dont car about lap times maybe you would like to enlighten some of us on exactly what it is you do i notice you keep you occupation blank therre are lots of so called experts on here but it seems JE and TC are the only ones who are open about who they are and try to help people out instead of having a "dig" at people and then complaining when people do it back Exclamation

Post #13716 Sun Feb 19 2006 12:55pm
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black
Let's just take a minute here guys

ALL input in this forum is valid in my view.

It is your choice whether you accept what you read or not, surely.

It sounds to me that there are many great members here that have "advanced knowledge and understanding or significant experience" which should always be respected over conceptualised theoretical opinions IMHO. It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #27788 Thu Apr 27 2006 8:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

Nicely put Peter. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #27901 Thu Apr 27 2006 10:37am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Michael997 wrote:
Very Happy I would also like my RRS to drop at a more common speed of 50mph ish as I am unlikely to top the 100mph very often in the RRS

You just live in the wrong country - your bad Cool 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #27902 Thu Apr 27 2006 10:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

I wondered how long it would be before you visited this post Angel Laughing

Unfortunately, we can't all go for a blast down the Autobann whenever we feel like it. Wink Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #28023 Thu Apr 27 2006 1:43pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

but i agree for the lowering even from starting 30 mph 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #28035 Thu Apr 27 2006 2:19pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re: Suspension Lowering

LRtuning wrote:
We are now working on a suspension mod to lower the air suspension at speeds over 50 mph.

It will lower the suspension by approximately 75mm and is carried out by the OBD.

LRtuning - This is a thread you opened in July 2005...and while I think that 75mm is a bit much, it is clearly a sought after option.

What is your status on this?

Did you give up? Leaving this one to the boys in Germany at Matzker and Arden? Embarassed 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #72461 Thu Dec 28 2006 7:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123