RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > The gremlins have finally arrived!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 10 <12345678910

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Bob - welcome back. I don't know what to say. If you like the RRS still I would probably continue and take the replacement. It's a tough call. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #67587 Thu Nov 23 2006 8:08pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

That is c--p Bob, how can the replacement be costing that anyway? I thought the RRS was still holding it's value???
I have 'enquired' about selling my D3 and getting a few year old 5 series touring. Spoke to a BMW dealer about a 53 plate that they had up for £15.5k they got a price for mine at £25750, slightly on the low side I would expect about £26500 but not too bad.
So even on my low spec D3 after 8 months and 8500 miles I would 'only' lose £4750

Post #67599 Thu Nov 23 2006 8:46pm
Bobs_buggy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

Apparently the Supercharged car looses around £8k in the first 6 months.
I'm gutted. I don't know what to do at the moment. I'm thinking about getting my car resprayed as a cheaper option.
And I was so looking forward to the clock and tailgate closure.
Bu99er! RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #67612 Thu Nov 23 2006 9:34pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Why not swap it for a TDv8 ? RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #67620 Thu Nov 23 2006 10:22pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Thud

Amazing Shocked

What next Shocked

I don't believe it..................... Shocked

Thud Thud Thud Thud

Bob my heart goes out to you mate............ this really is a poor show on LR's part Mad They provided you with an inferior substandard product in the 1st place & then treat you like this ..!

You parted with your hard earned cash in exchange for perfect 100% OK NEW LR RRS Supercharged - They failed to deliver - and are now trying to charge you for the privelage Shocked

Ask for all your money back - every penny

or a replacement car that fits the bill/spec equal to .. or better than you have now.

If you bought a suit from M&S that was faulty - they would instantly replace it or refund you. What's the bloody difference Twisted Evil 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #67686 Fri Nov 24 2006 11:28am
Bobs_buggy

Just got another reply from LR. Again, they say they can't deal with me directly, but have suggested that I contact the Society of Manufacturers & Motor Traders (SMMT), which is really odd.

I've calculated that to get a replacement vehicle the same spec as mine would cost me around £14k now. The DP seems to think this is acceptable. I think he's a to55er!.

When I asked the DP if HE would pay more for a lower spec car, he said "I've got more important things to think about than listening to music when I'm driving" wierd!

It's funny. Since I've had these problems with the car/dealer, I've spoken to 6 other LR owners who would NEVER go to Trinity LR if it was the last dealership on earth. They all actually travel much further (Leicester or Coventry) to buy from another dealer. That says a lot, I think! RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Last edited by Bobs_buggy on Fri Dec 08 2006 10:03pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #69524 Thu Dec 07 2006 6:51pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Bob

How about threatening them with bad publisity. I for one as a prospective purchaser are now reconsidering based on this diabolical response to what is clearly the supply of an inferior vehicle.

A friend who works for my local Honda dealer told me they had a women identify a paint problem on the inside of the doorshut of one door on her new hatchback. When Honda heard about this they invited the women to go to the factory for a visit and to spec up a replacement car to her choice. They also instructed the dealer to return the car to them for investigation. The result was a happy customer and the spread of good publicity instead of bad publicity - as in this case.

If LR carry on treating any customer like this, let alone loyal customers spending £60000, then it will not be long before they disappear the way the rest of the British motor industry has done before them.

If it was me, I would be threatening them with bad press and carrying it through if they did not take it seriously. Try Watchdog or the national papers that revel in running these sort of stories and try and help the victims at the same time. Shocked and Mad

Jo

Post #69530 Thu Dec 07 2006 7:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimrrsport

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

If I were u I'd park it across the entrance to the dealership, lock it up and leave it for a while. I had a freelander a few years ago that was nothing but trouble. The dealer was hopeless. I told them what I was going to do if they did not take it back off my hands, carry on they said so I did. Parked it, locked it and waited. Within 5 minutes we were into better deals! For years Land Rover dealers had crap products that no one wanted, now everyone wants them it seems it has gone to there heads! I swore i would never buy another LR after that but here I am in my rrs now! I must admit I have only had mine for 3 weeks and do still expect the grmlins to turn up at somestage but fingers crossed. I do love this motor and it turns heads all the time

Jim 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
04 CBR1000RRFireblade Trashed
04 Freelander Sport Premium Gone
03 Freelander 1.8 Kalahari Gone-should have been blown up!!
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #69576 Thu Dec 07 2006 11:03pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

jimrrsport wrote:
I do love this motor and it turns heads all the time
Jim

It is an amazing car in this respect - even after 18 months of production and 1000's of them on the UK roads they are still a headturner. Mine even turns the heads of other RRS owners as it is such a rare colour! I regularly get asked asked if it is a special edition or an Overfinch/custom repaint, but it isn't it's a standard colour SE spec with body coloured intakes. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #69580 Thu Dec 07 2006 11:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Bob - this is BAD news Sad

Personally I think Trinity are OK - but I havn't had the problems you have had [ thank god ] But, this is not helping you. Again - i'm sure its been said before, dont give up. Drive to LR and insisit on seeing someone personally.

LandRover customer care = Ryan Hutchinson 01926 691852

or Land Rover complaints

Brett Philips
Cust Serv Mgr
LR Custmr Serv Cntr
Abbey road
COVENTRY
CV3 4LF

All you want is simple = A straight replacement car that is 100% OK - not a tall order in my book ! 

Post #69777 Fri Dec 08 2006 5:41pm
Bobs_buggy

I'm not giving up on this one.
I've written to Watchdog and some motoring mags, and I've written to the SMMT as LR suggested.
It's really odd that LR completely wash their hands of the problem, even to the extent of recommending a trade organisation that will help me take the case up against the dealer!
Have they forgotten that THEY built the car?

In the meantime, I will just carry on my campaign to give LR as much bad publicity as possible ( I think I've persuaded quite a few people to reconsider purchasing a LR, over the last 6 months). RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #69819 Fri Dec 08 2006 10:02pm
Texstar

United Kingdom 

Hi, I really do hope you get somewhere with your complaints, but as for the SMMT, don't expect any help from them, they will just delay things for you, saying they are awaiting a response from LR, and dealership, and in the end they will just fob you off with a load of wishy washy drivel. If ever there was an outfit in cahouts with the car manufacturers, it is the SMMT, lets face it, they are funded by the manufacturers, and thats probably why LR so kindly recommended them to you. Good Luck though with other means of highlighting a sh!te quality product. Wink

Post #69832 Sat Dec 09 2006 12:18am
MDP

United Kingdom 

The thing is ................. name someone who hasn't had a bad taste left in their mouth from any manufacturer/dealer out there. Confused Thought so ..... Rolling Eyes Every dog has its day ............. today it's Landrover - tomorrow it's Porsche, Rolls, Skoda, Honda................. etc etc etc

How about all 800 members on here complain/petition LR on Bobs behalf - His paintwork was definately substandard & LR have not been swift enough in resolving THEIR shoddy work! 

Post #69846 Sat Dec 09 2006 2:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 10 <12345678910