RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Feedback from AUX socket
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Geordiehillbilly

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Feedback from AUX socket

Does anyone get a sound through the stereo when a lead is plugged into the rear AUX socket and the AUX button is selected? It sounds a little like the noise of a train on the tracks...de de de de.....de de de de (if this makes sense!). You don't even have to have anything plugged onto the other end of the lead (MP3 player for example)

I've had it back to the dealer 3 times now and they still can't figure it out, no surprises there!

Post #6898 Sun Dec 04 2005 5:38pm
Mr G in NYC

United States 

I use a fancy goldplated pickup and connect
my i pod to the Aux socket and have no problems.
Clear as whistle....what MP3 player are you using ?

Post #6910 Sun Dec 04 2005 10:37pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

I have an "El cheapo" 3.5mm plug that I found in a drawer somewhere in my house... Very Happy Whether the other side is connected to my MP3 player (an Archos AV480) or disconnected, I don't hear any interference from the AUX output. The playback volume for this socket is too low compared to the other inputs (even with the volume cranked all the way up on the portable player), but other than that it sounds great - with Logic7 off, of course. 

Post #6918 Mon Dec 05 2005 12:00am
Geordiehillbilly

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I've got an i-river, but it doesn't matter what's on the end of it, I still get the noise. I've tried a few different leads too. Car's going back to dealer again next week so fingers crossed.......

Post #7205 Tue Dec 06 2005 11:42pm
abrooker

Hong Kong 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

umbertob wrote:
I have an "El cheapo" 3.5mm plug that I found in a drawer somewhere in my house... Very Happy Whether the other side is connected to my MP3 player (an Archos AV480) or disconnected, I don't hear any interference from the AUX output. The playback volume for this socket is too low compared to the other inputs (even with the volume cranked all the way up on the portable player), but other than that it sounds great - with Logic7 off, of course.

i thought there was an option to remember the different settings per source? maybe not volume but defintely tone, logic 7 etc. 2005 RRS SC 1st Edition Vesuvius Orange

Post #7207 Wed Dec 07 2005 1:17am
grommet

United States 

Only "tone"... Logic 7 doesn't get stored, and there is no source volume offset, which there should be. Sad

Post #7212 Wed Dec 07 2005 5:10am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Right, Logic7 is either on or off across the board, regardless of selected source. Offset volume also does not work with the RSES by the way, not just with the AUX inputs. It can be quite annoying if you are watching a movie and getting voice navigation guidance at the same time for example, since the navigation volume is much higher than the RSE's. and cannot be adjusted. 

Post #7213 Wed Dec 07 2005 7:07am
satelite

United States 

Hello and Happy New Year!

apperently, during my last skii trip I had finally let "someone" else drive my RR sport since I was way too tired.
I am sitting in the back seat the music is being played thru my Ipod.....then I notice the rear speakers are sooo low...I can bearly hear anything out of it....I played around with settings..etc..nothing...my dear friends who sit in back seat all the time confirm that everytime I use AUX rear speakers are low.

CD, FM/AM Radio, satelite radio, all other source have rear speaker output...

Any of you know what can be the problem. What gives? 06 RRS HSE Java Black/Ebony
Fully loaded

Post #8898 Tue Dec 27 2005 8:27pm
thebishman

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

While I don't know why, I may have a remedy.
Turn on 'Source Memory' which comes up after the Logic 7 choice when adjusting Bass, Treble, etc.Then after you've selected AUX, you can then turn the Fader function so that the majority of the sound is routed to the rear. Then, whenever you select AUX, all you have to do is turn up the volume some, and your rear seat guests should have sufficient volume.
Bish '06 RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with RSE; PTI; Electronic Rear Diff and Sirius Sat Radio.

Post #8902 Tue Dec 27 2005 10:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1