RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > Chrome Side vents on ebay
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

jbrac25

2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Is the conversion from pounds to dollars about 2:1? If so that price would be about $300 right? I can get anyone those same vents with that chrome inner piece for 250 plus another 15 to ship out there. I have a guy that can chrome plastic and its called metallizing so I can get grills, vents basically any plastic to have a chrome finish. The smoother it is the better finish youll get. I typically try to do some fine sanding to the parts to get a better finish. Sometimes in this process, because it gets a clear coat you can get a dust spec or two, which sucks but I usually have him redo the piece if it looks bad. MOST people are very happy with the work that he does, and it all depends on your expectation.
If you know when you chrome plastic its not gonna look liked chrome metal exactly then you most likely be very happy. I can tell you however since well all try to help each other out around here that it typically costs about 200ish to chrome a grill and about 60 a side for vents so when you see that guy on ebay with a chrome grill for $1500 its waaay overpriced. The more parts i give him the cheaper hell do it for me. I can get those same grills for about 400ish depending on how much i can get a stock grill for. If you have to buy new parts from the dealer it will typically be more. If anyone is interested I can send pics and you can send me an email to jbrac25@hotmail.com I will try to puts some pics of the chrome parts ive taken pics of in this gallery.

Post #68586 Thu Nov 30 2006 4:55pm
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

j brac 25 is a diamond geezer I bought my stuff from him. All the stuff was sent very quickly RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #68595 Thu Nov 30 2006 6:28pm
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I was the lucky recipient of the vent covers. Already had gloss black ones on the car and must admit that the new ones are sitting in the garage as I’m not sure if they actually improve the cars looks.

Its not the design, quite frankly they weren’t what I was expecting. Basically they have the black painted surround and what looks to me like a simply silver sprayed mesh.

Nothing special.

I thought the silver would be metallic looking, its not. I have no doubt that it has been through some chroming process, but to my untrained eye, it looks just like spray paint.

C'est la vie.

Now if somebody does bring them out with the Bentley Radiator type wire mesh,
that would be really good news!

Post #68851 Sat Dec 02 2006 6:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12