RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > flourescent jackets
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jabman

flourescent jackets

i believe this government is very much in favour of road safety. this is obvious by the number of speed cameras dotted around the country. however, is this really a 'safety' issue or a way of extracting more money from the motorist.
if the government really wants to reduce accidents (at no cost to itself), why not require all cyclists and motor-cyclists to wear flourescent jackets at all times when using their vehicles?
what are your thoughts on this?

Post #6862 Sat Dec 03 2005 10:56pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Judging by the number of those fluro mesh waistcoats I seem to see laying at the side of the road here, either a lot of the wearers are being run over and the crows are disposing of the bodies mighty quick, or the folks issued with them don't like wearing them and throw them out of the window as they drive along! Laughing
I keep one that has retroreflective tape on it in the boot in case I get a puncture at night. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #6866 Sat Dec 03 2005 11:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 
Re: flourescent jackets

jabman wrote:
i believe this government is very much in favour of road safety. this is obvious by the number of speed cameras dotted around the country. however, is this really a 'safety' issue or a way of extracting more money from the motorist.
if the government really wants to reduce accidents (at no cost to itself), why not require all cyclists and motor-cyclists to wear flourescent jackets at all times when using their vehicles?
what are your thoughts on this?

I agree to some extent but imagine if the gov then insisted all cars were flourescent! That chap in Belgium would be doing grat businss. Shocked 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #6878 Sun Dec 04 2005 10:06am
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

==

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 1:17pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #6880 Sun Dec 04 2005 10:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Think I might have to invest in the fluro jacket business - it's a bit like the paperless office that now produces more paper than was ever envisaged - neverending potential for sales of fluro jackets, vests, meshes etc................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #6883 Sun Dec 04 2005 11:03am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1