RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Test Driven Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MDP

United Kingdom 
Test Driven Supercharged

At last I have been out in my local dealers Demonstrator (not their fault it turned up late from the factory ) and I must say all my expectations were met. The ride compared to normal RR is completely different, it certainly does'nt wallow, dip/dive round bends and still manages to soak up bumps and pot holes etc. Overall the ride is def much firmer, although compared to my S4 cab its softer..... With regard to acceleration, this too was pleasing, along with the growl of the engine & whine of the supercharger coupled with the exhaust note.... A Great Sound !The car is very responsive for a car of this size. Having travelled along A roads and a quick blast through some country winding lanes I was happy with the overall handling, the Dynamic response def seems to do its job.The Brembo brakes also perform well with plenty of feel & stopping power.Overall it felt sporty enough for to say YES I won't miss the S4 cab apart from the "roof off" situation Crying or Very sad

With regard to the ashtray..... I tried it a million time (well a lot) but coul'nt get it to play up.... although I must say only the slightest of touch will open it.

You are all correct in saying the car will not come with a Full Tank of petrol Shocked although I expressed dismay at this to the dealer!

It also does'nt appear as though they are going to be forthcoming in giving away carpet mats or boot liner/mats? Still who knows... september is a long way off & I shall have to be more persausive.

I did'nt feel as conspicuous driving the RRS......... as I do when in a RR.

The window tinting that had just been done yesterday looked OK (see pics).

My dealer had'nt come accross any issues with the PTI. He was concerned to hear as he too was about to upgrade his 6230 for a 6230i. So I will keep in touch with this matter/subject.

Also whilst at the centre I noticed they had taken del. of a customers new RRS 1st Edition in Versuvius....... some luck So* Crying or Very sad There is also a pic of an "s" spec RRS in Maya Gold.

This last pic is the Versuvius 1st Edition with 20" Stormer Alloys

Cool Laughing Very Happy NICE 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Last edited by MDP on Thu Jun 30 2005 12:18am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #683 Wed Jun 29 2005 5:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

So the convertable is converted then!
Interesting wheel combos on the 3 cars you show - the Maya Gold S has SE option2 wheels same as mine, the Rimini has 20" Stormers and the 1st Ed vesuvius orange has the 20" from the normal supercharged!
Waht are all the stripes in the rear quarter window in the top pic and the pic above the Maya Gold S? Looks like the effect you get using polaroid sunglasses through a Triplex windscreen! It isn't the radio aerial as they are too wide......
Oooops, mustn't forget to take my anorak off Very Happy

Post #684 Wed Jun 29 2005 6:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim

Netherlands 

That first edition is just so great!
God, I'd love to own one of those 
Owns 2002 Range Rover
Wants a 2006 Range Rover TDv8
or
2006 Range Rover Sport TDv6

Post #685 Wed Jun 29 2005 9:21pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Ahhaaa....Tim in Scotland, you are mistaken.The last pic (rear - driverside view) is the 1st edition in Versuvius & it has the 20" stormer alloys.

The main pics are all of the dealers Demo - normal Supercharged in Rimini Red & it has the standard fit 20" alloys

This is the standard 20" alloy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

and below is the STORMER ALLOY ( note the grooves/slots in each spoke )

Post #697 Thu Jun 30 2005 12:17am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
So the convertable is converted then!
Interesting wheel combos on the 3 cars you show - the Maya Gold S has SE option2 wheels same as mine, the Rimini has 20" Stormers and the 1st Ed vesuvius orange has the 20" from the normal supercharged!
Waht are all the stripes in the rear quarter window in the top pic and the pic above the Maya Gold S? Looks like the effect you get using polaroid sunglasses through a Triplex windscreen! It isn't the radio aerial as they are too wide......
Oooops, mustn't forget to take my anorak off Very Happy

Tim the stripes are in fact "The Aerial" but they seem to stand out more on this car, now, could this be because of the aftermarket tinting... I think so? 

Post #702 Thu Jun 30 2005 1:11am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just testing you! Mind that hood................. Laughing

Post #718 Thu Jun 30 2005 8:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Also forgott to mention, noticed the mpg whilst out on test managed a really healthy 12mpg........ but the car had only covered a 89 miles from new & had gone up from 11 during the short test Crying or Very sad I will call into dealer in a weeks time or so to see how the mpg is progressing Idea 

Post #791 Mon Jul 04 2005 4:24pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

The demo cars are never going to show very good mpg 'cos everyone who test drives one wants to try out the supercharger, and that coupled with the fact its such a new engine means it will be some time before they start to show high teens.My wife's car only started to feel 'right' after it had done about 10K.

I am under no illusions that this will be the thirstiest car I've ever had, but probably one of the most fun. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #792 Mon Jul 04 2005 5:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1