RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > RETRO-FIT LEATHER TRIM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Garv

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Java Black
RETRO-FIT LEATHER TRIM

Hi all, Despite the dealer telling me my new car had leather trim, it arrived with cloth trim. Now whilst that is by-the-by for now, I would like to have leather retro-fitted to the car- Can anyone recommend a good firm for this?

Also if anyone knows of any good seat covers as an alternative - Whilst the leather is nice, I wouldn't mind decent covers if the cost saving is sufficient and they look ok...

Thanks
Andrew
(Milton Keynes)

Post #64890 Sat Nov 04 2006 6:25pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Q. Have you already accepted the car? I take it you have, hence the post? Otnerwise, isn't this the dealers responsibility to sort if they want you to have the car?

Post #64891 Sat Nov 04 2006 6:27pm
Havank

covers are not a real alternative to leather and yes covers are cheaper,
but look like covers Confused

Post #64930 Sat Nov 04 2006 11:57pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

As I think we have yet to see a car on here in cloth trim is there any chance you could post some pics so we can see what they look like?

And yes, if the dealer said it would have leather and it doesn't, you should reject it. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #64934 Sun Nov 05 2006 12:45am
Garv

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Java Black

Well to be honest, the leather was at the bottom of a long list of comedy of errors and suffice to say I got the car at a good price when all was done. The dealer was Hartwell Oxford - Awful service btw. I only accepted it because 1) I hadn't paid for the leather and; 2) it was not cited on the original order form (only mentioned verbally) and 2) I am not that fussed about leather. I have found some places that will retrofit any colour for around £1400 so that will be my route. I'll try and get some pics of the interior to post.

Thanks
All

Post #64996 Sun Nov 05 2006 7:58pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Hartwells Oxford again....my local dealer......they don't have a good reputation!

For leather retrim, it would probably be best to use Exmoor Trim. They advertise is many of the LR magazines. They have done many D3 retrims and I've heard that the quality is excellent.
See http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/erol.html

One advantage is that the leather is better quality than the LR leather and doesn't suffer so much with going blue from jeans. They also do 35 different colours, so you could have something quite unique or have piping like a RR Vogue. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #64998 Sun Nov 05 2006 8:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Garv, you should also be aware that the seats themselves may be significantly poorer quality than the standard leather clad versions. I can't be sure in the RRS as I've never seen a cloth seated version, but in the Discovery 3 the cloth trimmed seats are very low spec seats and were probably left overs from the 1970 Morris Marina range ..... Shocked RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #65036 Sun Nov 05 2006 9:30pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that smarticus Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post #65038 Sun Nov 05 2006 9:39pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Cliff H wrote:
Thanks for that smarticus Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Laughing

Post #65039 Sun Nov 05 2006 9:42pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Your dealer should be able to put you in contact with a local retrimmer, otherwise browse through a copy of one of the Land Rover Monthly/OwnerInternational/World/Enthusiast magazines at your local newsagent and there will be ads in one of them for Land Rover re-trimers. I know that the local dealer here has fitted leather interiors to several client s Freelanders and S2 Discos. One company comes to mind - Exmoor Trim - who supply LR with seat covers, but there are others out there. You could go the route that LR took with the SE and have a part leather finish, the "fake" leather
is indistiguishable from the real bits on my SE. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #65041 Sun Nov 05 2006 10:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The doc

United Kingdom 

If you require black leather PM me as I may be able to lay my hands on a set genuine Range Rover original leather covers left over from a re-trim.

Post #66285 Tue Nov 14 2006 8:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1