RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Hasn't even been a week
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Hasn't even been a week

I havn't even had my car yet for a week and I have already gotten a speeding ticket. The cops here are crazy, they hide behind bushes and hills and try as hard as they can to get you. I was only going 75 in a 65 I figured he might give me a break, but he was already pretty mad that I didn't have my insurance card on me.

Post #6485 Wed Nov 30 2005 5:37pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Bad luck, djsaad1. Your cops sound no different than the mobile units they send out here. Although they're not meant to, they'll "inadvertently" place themselves where you can only see them at the last moment. Bastids. What happens with your speeding ticket - do you get points on your license or a fine? How does it work in the US? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #6486 Wed Nov 30 2005 5:40pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You should set the speed limit alarm in the dash info system, just to remind you as you pass the limit!
We now have a section of motorway near here (the M77 Glasgow to Ayr road) where your licence plate is read by a camera as you join the road, checks you are insured, have paid annual road tax and your car has a passed the annual government inspection (only for cars over 3 years old) but worst of all is that it notes the time you pass every SPECS camera along the road and works out your average speed at every section and along the entire length of the road you have travelled and sends you a ticket if you speed.
Big Brother or what - it's a very quiet piece of highway these days! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #6487 Wed Nov 30 2005 5:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
djsaad1

I have my speed warning set to 80, I guess I should probably lower it since the max speed here is 65.

I can either take defensive driving or pay it off. I dont lose any points or anything, but if i pay it off it stays on my record while if I do the 1 day course it will be off my record. Basicly if I have a few tickets on my record my insurance price will go up, I dont think they suspend your licence here in Texas for tickets unless you get a certain amount in a day I beleive. But every state in the U.S has different laws for speeding tickets.

Post #6488 Wed Nov 30 2005 5:50pm
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re: Hasn't even been a week

djsaad1 wrote:
I havn't even had my car yet for a week and I have already gotten a speeding ticket. The cops here are crazy, they hide behind bushes and hills and try as hard as they can to get you. I was only going 75 in a 65 I figured he might give me a break, but he was already pretty mad that I didn't have my insurance card on me.

Where in Texas are you Djsaad1? I lived in Houston for a while & found the cops really couldn't give a damn about speeding or drink driving. The approach to drink driving amazed me. It almost seemed to be condoned as the stretch of road I frequented actually banned U turns, between midnite & 3am on Friday & Saturday nites because of the risk. Confused HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #6490 Wed Nov 30 2005 5:51pm
djsaad1

Rob_J wrote:
djsaad1 wrote:

Where in Texas are you Djsaad1? I lived in Houston for a while & found the cops really couldn't give a damn about speeding or drink driving. The approach to drink driving amazed me. It almost seemed to be condoned as the stretch of road I frequented actually banned U turns, between midnite & 3am on Friday & Saturday nites because of the risk. Confused

LOL....how long ago was this? I live in Austin and the cops are now strict about everything. Especially in certain neighborhoods. But yeah I was told about the days where cops in Texas really didn't care about much as long as you were a certain type of person. Shocked

Post #6491 Wed Nov 30 2005 5:56pm
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

djsaad1 wrote:
Rob_J wrote:
djsaad1 wrote:

Where in Texas are you Djsaad1? I lived in Houston for a while & found the cops really couldn't give a damn about speeding or drink driving. The approach to drink driving amazed me. It almost seemed to be condoned as the stretch of road I frequented actually banned U turns, between midnite & 3am on Friday & Saturday nites because of the risk. Confused

LOL....how long ago was this? I live in Austin and the cops are now strict about everything. Especially in certain neighborhoods. But yeah I was told about the days where cops in Texas really didn't care about much as long as you were a certain type of person. Shocked

Last year! But woe betide you if you look less than 21! Actually the cops would often just sit on the corner of the bars ogglining the barstaff.

This was along Richmond, just down from the Galleria if you know it. HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #6492 Wed Nov 30 2005 6:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1