RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Going to get mine tomorrow :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Simon

United Kingdom 

It's actually a ski atlas but called (for some reason by Land Rover) a snow atlas. I had one given with my D3 last November which I used going to Austria for New Year and Switzerland in February.

A friend of mine who lives in Zurich asked if I could get one for him so I left it with him and meant to get another when I returned; in the end it was easier to get one thrown in.

Post #613 Mon Jun 27 2005 3:56pm
Biggles

England 

I wonder if they make me a cup of coffee when I eventually go to pick up my RRS or will they ask me for twenty pence for the brew machine and if so do I have the heart to buy the salesman one. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #614 Mon Jun 27 2005 3:58pm
Simon

United Kingdom 

Biggles wrote:
Jesting aside I think it's coming to something when I cant get a freeby out of them Evil or Very Mad .
I know I have said it before but my deposit last year and all the inconvenience and story's I have been told about delivery etc, etc, should count for something.

Is it your first car from them? Even if it is they should treat you fairly if they want you to come back.

Post #616 Mon Jun 27 2005 4:06pm
Biggles

England 

It is my first car from them, but have had all my repairs and servicing done there in the past. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #617 Mon Jun 27 2005 4:10pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Biggles, I'm sure the dealer has a Land Rover Gear Corner...... when you go into the showroom next take a look at what is on display and decide on something nice like a High Plains PerformanceFleece (£130!) in Navy or Dark Green for the winter then make some very pointed comments about no discounts, being let down with delivery dates etc!

Post #620 Mon Jun 27 2005 4:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Simmikie - great to hear - the car is truly a great vehicle - don't expect discounts though for the next 6 months - on the other hand, don't pay dealer markup either - i got mine at MSRP - One thing you want to double check on is the first 300 cars or so (HSE) come with a so-called 'Introductory HSE package' - this includes Premium Leather, Cold Climate & PTI for an MSRP of 58.300 - This is great deal compared to the Lux package since the only thing the lux adds is the PDC for 2500 USD more..... So unless you order a SC or require PDC, ask the dealership for the so-called Introductory Package - that saves you 3 grand off.

As for the PTI: i am currently using Bluetooth Only and am considering getting the cradle - - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #622 Mon Jun 27 2005 6:58pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Evening Biggles/everyone,

Tomorrow I will arrange a trip out in my dealers Supercharged Rimini Red RRS.I shall take with me a list of qustions/points that have been raised on this forum over the last few weeks. I will not be shy in coming forward in asking for a number of freebies in luei of a lack of any discount. I have bought from this dealer in the past ( many moons ago ) but they do remember with the added bonus that my parents have been buying RR's from them for many years. Another notch in my belt is that the salesman I am dealing with lives nearby & our kids are at the same school.Could this be the benchmark wer'e all looking for? However by the time I take delivery in Sept. you should all have been running around in yours for a couple of months?So if you bare with me I will report back with what I think of the RRSS on road manners & what treatment I can look forward to receiving nearer the big day. Very Happy

Ps.took a call today off my brother-in-law who was excited having spotted a Tonga Green HSE....... but was'nt sure if it was a D or P model...just wish he had got a few pics.... I will see what I can do , as it may be poss to locate where this car resides? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #631 Mon Jun 27 2005 11:18pm
gribnau

Got the floormats

Got the floor mats today - didn't have time earlier to pick them up - Also i bought a load space rubber mat with the Range Rover logo:

- Robert

Post #693 Wed Jun 29 2005 10:48pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Very nice Gribnau

I've mentioned in other posts.... I can't believe that RR dealers do not fill the tank full of fuel as part of the sale.... Shocked I will email land rover today... this is a poor show..hopefully by sept when I take delivery this mat be different ( these small matters count ) Personally I feel all L/R dealers are milking the situation with RRS.

For instance at Audi I have received free umberellas,fuel,keyrings, polo shirts,spare oil kits, additional first aid kits and so on........

In fact stuff Land Rover I 'll save money and buy them all off Ebay Mad 

Post #698 Wed Jun 29 2005 11:40pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Biggles wrote:
I wonder if they make me a cup of coffee when I eventually go to pick up my RRS or will they ask me for twenty pence for the brew machine and if so do I have the heart to buy the salesman one. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Biggles,

Its 8AM Thursday, 30th June 2005 here. I will be watching this forum very closely today. Please tell me you're on the way to get the car!!
Good Luck!!! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #699 Wed Jun 29 2005 11:50pm
gribnau

Although i was unable to get ANY discounts - i DID get:

1. Tank of Gas - USD 50,-
2. Floormats - USD 200,-

In addition, the car comes with full scheduled service for the first 50.000 miles/4 years + rental car or transport shuttle if nearby.

In the US however, many dealers DO sell OVER MSRP, sometimes as much as 5.000 - 10.000 over MSRP.

I agree with you that on a 60.000 USD car, you'd expect a little more than 250,- in goodies however, i guess that in the US i can say that i am one of the VERY few actually driving the RRS Smile - ALL cars have been spoken for and all already have deposits on - the CAR IS H O T Embarassed - Robert

Post #700 Wed Jun 29 2005 11:52pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Totally agree Gribnau

THE RRS IS RED HOT 

Last edited by MDP on Thu Jun 30 2005 11:07pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #701 Wed Jun 29 2005 11:59pm
simmikie

United States 

gribnau wrote:
Although i was unable to get ANY discounts - i DID get:

1. Tank of Gas - USD 50,-
2. Floormats - USD 200,-

In addition, the car comes with full scheduled service for the first 50.000 miles/4 years + rental car or transport shuttle if nearby.

In the US however, many dealers DO sell OVER MSRP, sometimes as much as 5.000 - 10.000 over MSRP.

I agree with you that on a 60.000 USD car, you'd expect a little more than 250,- in goodies however, i guess that in the US i can say that i am one of the VERY few actually driving the RRS Smile - ALL cars have been spoken for and all already have deposits on - the CAR IS H O T Embarassed

I agree with you Gribnau. Especially in light of the fact that the RRS is selling at MSRP, with an estimated retail mark-up of approx. $5800!!! And a full tank of fuel with some lousy floor mats is too much to ask of these bandits??? Give me a break! I'll wait a few months (i want DR), hopefully the car/truck/wagon will have cooled some. My deal will be $1800 over cost, that feels reasonable to me. I'll buy my own gas!

simmikie

BTW Gribnau, did you have a chance to drive a DR equipped RRS? If so how does the ride and handling compare? If not, how do you evaluate the handling with out DR? Anyone else wanting to offer an opinion, please do.

Post #708 Thu Jun 30 2005 2:31am
Biggles

England 

Bobby wrote:
Biggles wrote:
I wonder if they make me a cup of coffee when I eventually go to pick up my RRS or will they ask me for twenty pence for the brew machine and if so do I have the heart to buy the salesman one. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Biggles,

Its 8AM Thursday, 30th June 2005 here. I will be watching this forum very closely today. Please tell me you're on the way to get the car!!
Good Luck!!!

Not good news,

Rang my dealer yesterday car not arrived at the dealership yet.

I now have major problems my current car is sold as of 9 am this morning on the strength of being told my new car would definatley be ready, I made a deal to sell the car and shook hands on it so will not go back on my word. Why should I inconvenience the other party it's not thier fault.
Also I have changed my insurance over from 10 am to allow for me collecting the new car.

If it does not turn up today, I have two options, insist on a courtesy car for the next two weeks so I can get to the airport or lay out extra money and pay for an airport shuttle.

Feeling at the moment angry, abused, severley messed around.

If I do get the call today to say the car has arrived and has been PDI inspected, great. Not holding out much hope Exclamation Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #715 Thu Jun 30 2005 7:20am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Biggles,

Sorry to hear this news - its too much!!
I think your dealer owes you at least that much, a courtesy car for the interim period.
Well there's still some hours left, hopefully you might still have some good news. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #719 Thu Jun 30 2005 8:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>