RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Door handles getting worse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Door handles getting worse

Our RRS is now just over six months old. One of the rear doors has always been more difficult to open and has gradually got worse. You have to pull the handle out fully for it to release the catch. This is more difficult than it sounds and it rarely opens on first attempt/pull. My daughter finds it impossible to open the door on that side which is a real pain.
I get the feeling that the other door handles are gradually getting worse too, particularly the other rear door. Anyone else noticed this?

This is another problem to add to the list when the car goes in for its first service. So far on the list is door handles, parking sensors not always working and tailgate gas struts too weak. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #6282 Tue Nov 29 2005 10:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The rear door on both my Freelander and Discos used to suffer from this when the roads were heavily salted or I allowed road dirt to accumulate on the car (I'm not implying you don't wash you car MP!). The cure was a quick squirt of WD40 into the mechanism.
The same thing happens with the fuel cap lock on my Defender and I only found out about that in the car park of the local Halfords AFTER I had bought a new lockable cap and a fellow Defender owner saw me struggling with getting the original cover unlocked and told me it was a common problem and solved not with a new cover but an occassional squirt of WD! One fuel filler cover was returned to Halfords for a refund and the original lock has continued to do it's duty for a further 3 years! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #6283 Tue Nov 29 2005 10:37am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1