Biggles

there is a photo in gallery, haven't worked out how to get it here yet

Andrew

Post #549 Sat Jun 25 2005 8:37pm
Biggles

England 

Andrew,
Does this help out.

http://rrsport.theseusnorth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32 Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #550 Sat Jun 25 2005 9:19pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Saw your pic in the gallery Andrew and yuk............. I wonder if the door has been damaged and resprayed by the dealer before delivery?????
Did you order the car from the factory or take it from dealer stock Andrew?

Never seen milky black paint before on a car...... on the ship it is a sign of a change in humidity during painting when the humidity has increased and condensation/ dew has formed before the paint has cured.
The factory paint shop at LR is climate controlled so humidity changes just are not an issue - been there on a factory tour and haven't seen inside it as they don't show you round that bit , nowt to see.

Post #551 Sat Jun 25 2005 9:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Andrew,
Sorry to know of your bad luck. Can understand now why you were silent all this while.
I would have driven the car right into the dealer's showroom!!! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #552 Sat Jun 25 2005 11:00pm
Biggles

England 

That does not look good, I would insist on a new car, why should you have to have the car off the road for a re-spray due to poor paint in the first place.
A brand new vehicle should not have any blemish on the exterior, it's totally unacceptable.

Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #553 Sat Jun 25 2005 11:14pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Shocked

That is awfull..........insist on a new car!

I too experienced hassle with a new car. My 1st Audi Cab (2.4v6) had a leek and was collected from home by Audi Roadside Assistance & taken to my dealer for repair (not happy)..... it was only weeks old.The burnt the clutch out getting on the low loader trailer....and when reversing it off at the dealers forecourt ripped the drivers door off having caught it on the rear post of the trailer Crying or Very sad
Audi wanted to repair it! and compensate me.
I refused .... wrote to the MD....complained to the top... spoke to top... & resolved the issue. NEW CAR.... in fact they upgraded me free of charge into a 3.0 V6 Quattro. They also offered huge discount to my wife as well when she next came to change her car. A HAPPY ENDING.. I am now in my 3rd Audi Cab.( even the Germans get it wrong)

So complain...complain..complain & don't settle for anything less. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #574 Mon Jun 27 2005 12:07am
Andrew

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

hello

guess what ?

took the car back to dealer's today for them to look at the door paint in the hot sun, got there, went into showroom where they were expecting me and the bodyshop technician was called in. Took him out to show him what he thought , well he asked me for key and drove round into the paint shop, while i was supplied with coffee. about 20 mins passed and carwas brought back around to the front, so I went out to ask what the verdict was ?

"it's gone" was the reply

in total disbelief i took a good look and couldn't see it!!

turns out that before they applied the superguard protection they hadn't cleaned off the transport wax and the heat had caused the wax to bloom through the polish, so a quick de-wax and re-polish and the problem looks to have been irradicated.

told them before leaving that i will be keeping a very close look at tha door and any hint of recurrence and it will soon be back...

so at the moment it is ok

watch this space ..

now i can clean it up nice and get the pictures up that you,ve all been waiting for..........i hope Very Happy

Andrew

Post #623 Mon Jun 27 2005 7:50pm
Andrew

hello

guess what ?

took the car back to dealer's today for them to look at the door paint in the hot sun, got there, went into showroom where they were expecting me and the bodyshop technician was called in. Took him out to show him what he thought , well he asked me for key and drove round into the paint shop, while i was supplied with coffee. about 20 mins passed and carwas brought back around to the front, so I went out to ask what the verdict was ?

"it's gone" was the reply

in total disbelief i took a good look and couldn't see it!!

turns out that before they applied the superguard protection they hadn't cleaned off the transport wax and the heat had caused the wax to bloom through the polish, so a quick de-wax and re-polish and the problem looks to have been irradicated.

told them before leaving that i will be keeping a very close look at tha door and any hint of recurrence and it will soon be back...

so at the moment it is ok

watch this space ..

now i can clean it up nice and get the pictures up that you,ve all been waiting for..........i hope Very Happy

Andrew

Post #624 Mon Jun 27 2005 7:51pm
Andrew

didn't mean to post it twice but my screen froze and didn't know whether it had gone through !

still it is good news and wants reading

Post #625 Mon Jun 27 2005 7:53pm
Biggles

England 

Excellent news, Andrew.
Get those pictures posted. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #626 Mon Jun 27 2005 7:57pm
Tim in Scotland

Great news Andrew, now go out and enjoy it!
I think I might have converted a friend who thinks the only good engine is a V format petrol engine over to a TDv6.....
He didn't know I had bought a new car so I took him for a run up the west side of Loch Lomond on the nice fast sections and his 1st comment was " wow this is a peach of an engine - didn't think I would ever see you with another petrol engined car again"......................... when we got back to the house I really didn't have the heart to spoil his day by breaking the news that mine is a diesel!
Just before he left this evening, and the engine was cold again I started it up and opened the bonnet.... he was speechless and at first could not believe that it was a diesel " I don't believe it, it is so quiet and so smooth, I just don't believe it"! This from a guy who has run V8 Jaguars for years.
I told him that is the slightly modified version of the same engine as is now fitted to the S type Jaguar and the XJ diesel, I'm sure next time I see him he'll be piloting a V6 or V8 diesel Jag!!

Post #630 Mon Jun 27 2005 8:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

Great news on the paint job Andrew.... "There is a God"

Tim, I too was very impressed with the V6 Diesel( as we've discussed before) Maybe I will be the next convert when/if this 3.8V8 diesel makes the showrooms....who knows Confused

PS. is it September yet Mr. Green 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #632 Mon Jun 27 2005 11:27pm
simmikie

United States 

MDP wrote:
Great news on the paint job Andrew.... "There is a God"

Tim, I too was very impressed with the V6 Diesel( as we've discussed before) Maybe I will be the next convert when/if this 3.8V8 diesel makes the showrooms....who knows Confused

PS. is it September yet Mr. Green

Could anyone clue me in as to when and if the V-8 Diesel will arrive on the shores of the US? With soaring fuel prices, I am becoming a believer in diesels. Admittedly more to save myself than the environment.

Tim, I am relieved to see that your trucks paint issue was merely an oversight, and not something as burdensome as a flawed paint job.

Post #633 Tue Jun 28 2005 2:48am
Tim in Scotland

Simmike wrote: "Could anyone clue me in as to when and if the V-8 Diesel will arrive on the shores of the US? With soaring fuel prices, I am becoming a believer in diesels. Admittedly more to save myself than the environment."
Rumour has it that the V8 diesel will be launched here in November this year. But I fear it will take a change of attitude by the average American motorist who believes that diesel engines are only fit for trucks/ semis in the USA, before any European car maker launches diesel powered cars in the USA. I believe that VW/Audi and Mercedes Benz sells small numbers of diesel powered cars in the USA now, but they are re-engineeered to run on the poor quality diesel available there.
There is also the fact that modern European and Japanese diesel engines for automobiles cannot run on the awful quality of diesel fuel available in the USA which contains incredible levels of sulphur whereas over here we run on ultra low sulphur diesel. I believe that this will change later this year in certain States when Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel will be required to be on sale as well as the "high" sulphur diesel

Post #635 Tue Jun 28 2005 6:46am
simmikie

United States 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Simmike wrote: "Could anyone clue me in as to when and if the V-8 Diesel will arrive on the shores of the US? With soaring fuel prices, I am becoming a believer in diesels. Admittedly more to save myself than the environment."
Rumour has it that the V8 diesel will be launched here in November this year. But I fear it will take a change of attitude by the average American motorist who believes that diesel engines are only fit for trucks/ semis in the USA, before any European car maker launches diesel powered cars in the USA. I believe that VW/Audi and Mercedes Benz sells small numbers of diesel powered cars in the USA now, but they are re-engineeered to run on the poor quality diesel available there.
There is also the fact that modern European and Japanese diesel engines for automobiles cannot run on the awful quality of diesel fuel available in the USA which contains incredible levels of sulphur whereas over here we run on ultra low sulphur diesel. I believe that this will change later this year in certain States when Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel will be required to be on sale as well as the "high" sulphur diesel

Thanks for the info Tim. You brought up an issue I had not considered........diesel fuel quality. Well it seems that I will not be waiting for a diesel engined RRS to arrive on US shores.

simmikie

Post #664 Wed Jun 29 2005 12:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>