RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS/RR looks
Has the RRS made the RR look boxy and old?
Yes
40%
 40%  [4]
No
60%
 60%  [6]
Total Votes: 10

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Simon

United Kingdom 
RRS/RR looks

Is it just me or has the RRS made the RR look boxy and old.

I have long been an admirer of the big 'un but now......

Post #595 Mon Jun 27 2005 10:36am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Personally I think they both look good but would like to take Ques from both to create one RR/RRS.... then they would have a truly great Vehicle 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #599 Mon Jun 27 2005 10:47am
Simon

United Kingdom 

The RR replacement in 2007 should do that. Then the choice for me will be harder.

Don't get me wrong, I realy like the RR (and was about to buy an '06 model when I test drove a RRS). I still prefer the dashboard and the quality of materials in the Vogue (but not the interior colours and the piping) but the RRS offers a different experience and is more driveable, just my opinion though.

Don't sit on the fence, just vote Wink

Post #601 Mon Jun 27 2005 11:03am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I ran a TD6 for 2 years and they still look good, especially if they haven't had all the black repainted to body colour, in which case they really do look like a mobile block of flats........... the RR's "floating" roof design works really well at breaking up the slab sided look of the L322. When you see a Sport and an RR parked side by side and the suspension is set to the same height, the Sport looks a lot sleeker. I still love the big RR though.
The only change I would make to the L322 RR would be to sling out the crude and noisy TD6 engine (and I thought it was the model of refined diesels when I bought mine!) and replace it with the TDv6. Would make L322 faster and quieter - L322 is about 1/2 tonne LIGHTER than the Sport, but less aerodynamic!

Post #602 Mon Jun 27 2005 11:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

Tim,
I think the vote is a bit one sided, this is an RRS forum after all, Smile Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #615 Mon Jun 27 2005 4:02pm
Simon

United Kingdom 

Biggles wrote:
Tim,
I think the vote is a bit one sided, this is an RRS forum after all, Smile

With 2 votes from 53 viewings it's hardly one sided yet. Perhaps there should have been an undecided option for the fence sitters.

Post #618 Mon Jun 27 2005 4:10pm
Tim in Scotland

Sorry guys, didn't see the vote as I came in from an email link........ have voted now!
But the RR is still better looking than 99.9% of all the opposition, Passats on stilts, Piggy Porsches and 5 Series Tourings on elevator shoes just cannot compete for elegance of form. The Sport looks great from all angles except 3/4 on the rear, when it looks rather like a Musso, but I won't tell!

Post #619 Mon Jun 27 2005 4:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim

Netherlands 

Don't ask this on an RRS forum Shocked
You'll all say yes, but it's not!!! I still love my REAL Range Rover :p 
Owns 2002 Range Rover
Wants a 2006 Range Rover TDv8
or
2006 Range Rover Sport TDv6

Post #621 Mon Jun 27 2005 5:12pm
Simon

United Kingdom 

Tim

Don't get all emotional on us, it's only a simple question on opinions Wink and currently it's 50/50.....but could change Rolling Eyes

I think the RR is a great car, but I suspect it's replacement will be even better and to be honest, the TDV6 absense in the range should be a huge embarrassment to Land Rover. BMW must have them over a barrell on a supply agreement or something.

Post #638 Tue Jun 28 2005 7:59am
Tim in Scotland

Simon, they won't have to wait long........... now V8's have changed to the Jag engines it cannot be that long before the TDv8 can be slipped into the RR

Post #795 Mon Jul 04 2005 5:54pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I still and always have loved the L322 shape Range Rover, it really brings out the original 'Classic' shape, which was my favourite while the P38A was out, sorry to anyone who has one and loves it, my dad has one but I really dislike that shape.

The L322 is another classic, and the only thing I would alter is the rear end, it just needs 'something' to tidy it up and make it look slightly less like it's wearing a fat pair of pants.

I honestly think the RRS looks like the L322's younger brother, cheekier, sportier, quicker and just 'right' L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #800 Mon Jul 04 2005 6:41pm
Simon

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:
I still and always have loved the L322 shape Range Rover, it really brings out the original 'Classic' shape, which was my favourite while the P38A was out, sorry to anyone who has one and loves it, my dad has one but I really dislike that shape.

The L322 is another classic, and the only thing I would alter is the rear end, it just needs 'something' to tidy it up and make it look slightly less like it's wearing a fat pair of pants.

I honestly think the RRS looks like the L322's younger brother, cheekier, sportier, quicker and just 'right'

I generally agree with you RRUK. But I think it's the height of the glass house that will change the most on the new model to lose the tall/thin look because, let's be honest, they can't make it any wider......can they?

I probably should have posted this on a more "general" LR forum to get some real argument flowing. No doubt someone here knows how to transfer it, Mr Moderator???

Post #825 Tue Jul 05 2005 10:08am
Tim in Scotland

Interestingly last weekend at a Rover Rally near Newcastle, where mine was the sole Sport among about 18 assorted Range Rovers, the opinion seemed to be that the Sport looks more like the Classic Range Rover than either the L322 or the P38A................... I don't see it myself but that is what the opinion was!

I still love the L322 shape too. Both cars are still elegant and certainly going out in a L322 RR is still a fantastic experience. There much more of a "sense of occassion" travelling on a 322 rather than the "let me passed I'm in a hurry" sensation of travelling in a Sport, also the Sport tends to blend in more with other traffic whereas the you cannot miss the big RR at all - it still is a very easily recognised car.

Post #826 Tue Jul 05 2005 10:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1