RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Hill Descent Control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

freddi

Australia 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Fuji White
Hill Descent Control

Has anybody experienced the HDC activate while driving ?
This has baffled my service techs. Love the sport. First the 2005 TDV6, now the 2011 Supercharged. Absolutely brilliant!

Post #41329 Sat Jun 24 2006 2:27pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

it used to be a problem on the 1st Freelanders with manual gear box - the switch was on the gearlever and the wires used to twist and fray causing system to activate............. as RRS is automatic and switch not on gear stick it must be another electrical type gremlin! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #41387 Sun Jun 25 2006 1:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
freddi

Australia 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Fuji White
Electronic gremlins in RRSS

Hello Devotees,

Please enlighten me on any gremlins which you may (heavens forbid) encountered in your Sports. I have had several problems'

1 - Suspenson hight sensors faulty - dealer replaced
2 - HDC - activate while driving - service tech has chenged some lugs -
not confident - wont speed over 100kms
3 - Blue tooth not 100% compatible, background noise, and gremlin activity
4 - Side view mirrors do not return to normal when first reverse then drive - require pressing driver memory button to return to normal
5 - Find drivers seat in different posiotions often - no clue why
6 - Low battery indicator regular on radio screen display when swiching off
7 - Sterring column clunk when accelerating into left turn - dealer replaced
with new column
9 - cargo area skin splitting form body - defective clips - dealer replaced
10- Voice activation stubborn to respond with voice instructions

I love the Sport and want what I paid for - not too much to ask.

cheers
Wink Giverney Green Love the sport. First the 2005 TDV6, now the 2011 Supercharged. Absolutely brilliant!

Post #41389 Sun Jun 25 2006 2:28pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Low battery power - I get this if I listen to the radio without the ignition on. There is a powersaving function and I think what they mean is that you are using that rather than that the battery is going flat quickly! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #41390 Sun Jun 25 2006 2:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I'm assuming the issues where you've said the dealer's done some reactive work, those are no longer problems?

3 - BT compatibility. When you say not 100% compatible, what are you comparing with? Not all BT phones are supported by the LR system. The "best" phone to use seems to be the 6230, even though other phones are supported and even those that aren't officially supported by LR can sometimes work without issue. I've recently changed to a 6280 and have all sorts of problems, but it's not a supported phone so I kind of expect it.

4 - I'm sure I've seen this one reported here before... can't remember the solution but a few well-aimed searches should do the trick.

5 - Are you sure you're not using both keys at different times? The seat memory settings are encoded to whatever key you were using when you set them. Alternatively, it could be the electric seat pixies come and change your seat settings overnight.

6 - as Tim says, this is by design.

7 - I've found you have to persevere with the voice control. It doesn't seem to handle accents very well. Ironic given it comes from the W Midlands Wink

Good luck! 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #41458 Sun Jun 25 2006 10:40pm
Lateral5

Australia 

g'day freddi,

yep looks like the Aussie versions get their fair share of probs as well. I am currently back and forth with LR on the steering vibration issue so will keep you up to date. I also seem to be slowly developing the rattle/thud in the steering at lock....not bad at the moment, but have noticed it a few times. I have bluetooth and so far it seems ok, although sometimes it does not connect. Voice recognition seems ok, but you need to speak clearly and slowly, not casually as the handbook would suggest. Don't know if the VR is learning type and will get better with more use??

go the socceroos!! Laughing

Cheers
Tom RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #41702 Mon Jun 26 2006 1:34pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

1 - JayMann had lop-sided suspension. Jay, can you shed light on this?

3 - BT is far from fool proof! Depends very much on make of phone. Samsung in particular poor

6 - Also comes on screen if you have anything plugged in when you switch off. In my case, either PSP, iPod or phone charger.

10 - Never even used voice activation. See it as a real gimmick. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #41815 Mon Jun 26 2006 5:43pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Supertrotter wrote:
1 - JayMann had lop-sided suspension. Jay, can you shed light on this?

Yeah it's sorted now thanks Very Happy RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #41823 Mon Jun 26 2006 5:52pm
GefRRspts350

Australia 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White
RRS probs?

Hi guys - Lateral5 & Freddie,

What kind of k's do you have you Aussie RRSpts? So far in 6 months ( 12,000km's) have not had an issue touch wood and was just advised after the first service that major "vehicle enhancement program" SB034-B036 is required. Air Compressor upgrade etc.

So have to book in again! IAm going to get the Telephone Kit installed as I didnt when purchased but find I really miss having hands free.

Have a right rear interior panel squeek but thats all (so far). Previously had the Disco TD5 with many issues (with 90,000 on t he clock) traded.

Cheers
Gef 2011 RRS HSE TDV6 (Alaska/Ebony & Piano Black - Premium/Tow/Rear Lock Diff/Premium ICE/20" Stormers
2006 RRS SE TDV6 (Chawton/Ebony) - GONE!!

Geoff Smile

Post #50093 Mon Aug 21 2006 6:22am
tonser

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Hi freddi & everyone

When was your car manufactured Freddi ? I'm picking up my RRS next month, and I keep reading all these stories of electrical gremlins - are they mainly on earlier RRS's ? I'd hope that all the electrical issues would have been sorted out after a year and a half of production.

Tonser Play: '59 VW Kabrio & '90 964
Work: http://www.mustardpost.com

Post #50094 Mon Aug 21 2006 6:51am
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
GREMLINS

Hi I have had my RRS for 13 months and I haven't had any electronic gremlins some of those who bought their RRS's in May,June,July,August last year were guilty of turning on the ignition without waiting for the car to do its system check. The best way to gauge opinions would be to do a survey of owners who have had their car for a year or more because I feel that they could provide you with very good information over a long period of time. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #50109 Mon Aug 21 2006 10:20am
Lateral5

Australia 
Re: RRS probs?

GefRRspts350 wrote:

What kind of k's do you have you Aussie RRSpts? So far in 6 months ( 12,000km's) have not had an issue touch wood and was just advised after the first service that major "vehicle enhancement program" SB034-B036 is required. Air Compressor upgrade etc.

So have to book in again! IAm going to get the Telephone Kit installed as I didnt when purchased but find I really miss having hands free.

Have a right rear interior panel squeek but thats all (so far). Previously had the Disco TD5 with many issues (with 90,000 on t he clock) traded.

Cheers
Gef

G'day Gef,
Mine is a TDV6 and it has about 8000k's on it now. Bought it as a demo with 4000km on it. Had quite a few probs with it. Steering / TRans vibes the worst. Has recently developed a sqeauling steering column. The lower steering column bits have been replaced due to a clunk. Hands free is really good.

Cheers
Tom RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #50158 Mon Aug 21 2006 12:58pm
GefRRspts350

Australia 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Lateral5 wrote:
GefRRspts350 wrote:

Cheers
Gef

G'day Gef,
Mine is a TDV6 and it has about 8000k's on it now. Bought it as a demo with 4000km on it. Had quite a few probs with it. Steering / TRans vibes the worst. Has recently developed a sqeauling steering column. The lower steering column bits have been replaced due to a clunk. Hands free is really good.

Cheers
Tom

Hey Tom, at 13,000 km's me too with a sqeaky streeing column. Do you have the right rear cargo squeek too?

Smile 2011 RRS HSE TDV6 (Alaska/Ebony & Piano Black - Premium/Tow/Rear Lock Diff/Premium ICE/20" Stormers
2006 RRS SE TDV6 (Chawton/Ebony) - GONE!!

Geoff Smile

Post #59983 Wed Oct 04 2006 4:47am
Lateral5

Australia 

[/quote]

Hey Tom, at 13,000 km's me too with a sqeaky streeing column. Do you have the right rear cargo squeek too?

Smile[/quote]

Yep, it's been in 3 times to get the steering squeak sorted and it still squeaks as badly as ever!!! The last time it was in was to replace a cassette at the back of th steering wheel. Going back again soon. It is ok first thing in the morning, but after driving for 20 mins, the squeak rears it's gremlin head Twisted Evil

No squeak in cargo as yet Shocked RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #59985 Wed Oct 04 2006 5:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1