RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Spotted > Too many to list!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Too many to list!

A trip on the M40 always heralds a good sighting of Sports, and when I first entered the motorway I had to wait till the 2 transporters full of them would let me in! A bit of welly was called for. Laughing

I saw a total of about 8 transporters, mainly carrying sports and Range Rovers, all heading south, plus I even saw my first Tonga Green version in Wycombe, loads of black ones on the back roads nearby and parked up next to a black one at Oxford services (IF only I'd had some RRSPORT.CO.UK business cards!)

Whilst pootling back north a black TDV6 HSE screamed past, had an unusual number plate which I won't quote but looked like it was trying to say "Killer". (I am not kidding)

Seen more in one day today than ever before I am sure. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #4971 Tue Nov 08 2005 5:37pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

There are loads on the roads now. We had the first RRS in our area (South Oxfordshire) and for the last six months I've only seen one other in this area. Then on Saturday on a half hour drive locally, I saw two others on the roads and one parked in the next village.
When I'm on the motorways (especially near London) I tend to see one very 45 mins or so.
I think the 'spotted' section has had it's days now. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #4978 Tue Nov 08 2005 6:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Re: Too many to list!

RRUK wrote:
A trip on the M40 always heralds a good sighting of Sports, and when I first entered the motorway I had to wait till the 2 transporters full of them would let me in! A bit of welly was called for. Laughing

I saw a total of about 8 transporters, mainly carrying sports and Range Rovers, all heading south

Hope to hell one of them was mine, headed for East Berkshire. Laughing HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #4990 Tue Nov 08 2005 10:45pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just home from a trip to the steamy south of England and sighted loads and loads of transporter loads on the M40/A34. Mostly Vesuvius S/C's and White HSE's all left hand drivers off to the docks at Southampton.

Only spotted 4 others on the entire round trip though, one was a Vesuvius S/C and the rest were all Java Black models, but as they were going in the opposite direction I couldn't see which version.

I paid a visit to the Motor Heritage Centre at Gaydon on the way south and saw a Sport in the grounds there with a vent on the top of the bonnet (massive Subaru type bonnet vent) as well as the vents on the wings.......???? I wonder what LR are playing with now!
Also, there is no Sport on show in the Hertitage Centre yet. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5241 Tue Nov 15 2005 10:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gruffalo

Tim, could this have been a V8 oil burner, there is meant to be one on the way?

How about an Aston V12 version, I heard rumours of a SC version of that engine being developed for use across the LR, Aston and Jag range of cars. Now that would be interesting!!!!!!

Post #5863 Fri Nov 25 2005 11:32am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Gruff, last year when I did the Home Of The Legend day out at Solihull the guy showing us around took us between various sections of the factory in an RR Vogue. We followed a heavily disguised RR and he told us to count the number of exhausts sticking out of the rear valance - it had 4 on each side as well as massive side intakes, what you have hinted at in the V12 was what he thought they may have been playing with last year..................
I agree with the V8 diesel bit, that is what I thought it might be as well. On the M40 I saw several disguised versions of the forthcoming XK8 out testing as well. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5869 Fri Nov 25 2005 12:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1