RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Going to get mine tomorrow :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

MDP

United Kingdom 

Just spoke with Alison ( a prompt reply )so here is the list of compatible phones/cradles :-

NOKIA - 6100,6220,6230,3110,6820

Siemans - s45

Erricsson - T610

Hope this now clarifs everyones concerns 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #586 Mon Jun 27 2005 9:51am
Simon

United Kingdom 

Simon wrote:
It will not work with the 6230i, trust me, I spent 10 days trying!

If you can prove me wrong please let me know as I swapped my 6230i for my wife's 6230 which has had a hard life and would prefer to swap back.

I should qualify this, it will work with it's bluetooth link, it will charge in the cradle but it will not link as intended with the cars system and allow access to it's phonebook or, more importantly, the stonger signal through the roof arial. Also, when you take the 6230i out of the cradle it freezes with some message about using the phone as a storage device that can only be cleared by switching the phone off.

Last thing, to get the 6230 to link up properly you have to turn it off before placing in the cradle and it powers up and links automatically. Needless to say there is no manual for the PTI.

Post #587 Mon Jun 27 2005 9:56am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Simon, have you got all your numbers on your sim card as well. If you set the phone up to use phone book memory as opposed to sim-memory this may be why its not reading your phone list. The same happens in my Audi if I use the cradle for my 6230. ( 6230i is on its way as soon as O2 direct send it out ) it will only interface with list from sim card memory. Idea

Also have you gone into accessory settings/enhancements ..... set up for hands free etc ? This may cure you start up problem ? 

Post #591 Mon Jun 27 2005 10:18am
Simon

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
Simon, have you got all your numbers on your sim card as well. If you set the phone up to use phone book memory as opposed to sim-memory this may be why its not reading your phone list. The same happens in my Audi if I use the cradle for my 6230. ( 6230i is on its way as soon as O2 direct send it out ) it will only interface with list from sim card memory. Idea

Also have you gone into accessory settings/enhancements ..... set up for hands free etc ? This may cure you start up problem ?

Yes, I am using the SIM memory and, as I said, it's fine with the 6230 but not the 6230i.

I don't know what has changed with the'i' but it sure cocks things up!

I assume you mean accessory settings/enhancements on the phone? If so then yes. There are no such options on the car, unless someone knows different.

Post #593 Mon Jun 27 2005 10:31am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Cheers Simon
This has cheered me up, lets hope I dont get the same problems with my Audi set-up? will let you know in due course. I will also be at the dealers on Tuesday/Wednesday ... going out for another blast in a Supercharged so will ask these questions then. Confused 

Post #596 Mon Jun 27 2005 10:40am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sounds like you are going for an RRS injection MD! Remember to write all these question down before you go...... otherwise you will forget them all in the rush you get from the drive!

Post #597 Mon Jun 27 2005 10:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Simon

United Kingdom 

Just don't expect answers on technology matters Wink

Post #598 Mon Jun 27 2005 10:44am
Tim in Scotland

Or future developements............... LR dealers are always the last to know a new version is on it's way!. They will deny that there is even a daydream of the TDv8 supposed to be coming in November.................

Post #600 Mon Jun 27 2005 10:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

Simon,
Did you have to pay foe the cradle for your phone or did it come with the pti option.

Regards Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #605 Mon Jun 27 2005 1:07pm
Simon

United Kingdom 

It does not come with it as it is different for each phone. I think it's about £80 but I had it thrown in with some mats and a boot liner in lieu of a discount.

Post #607 Mon Jun 27 2005 3:00pm
Biggles

England 

Been qouted 95 quid, if my dealer keeps going at this rate when its ready for collection he will be asking for me to fetch a gallon of diesel with me so that they can get the bloody thing running during the (pdi) and so I can get to the garage after pulling of his dealership. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #608 Mon Jun 27 2005 3:27pm
Tim in Scotland

Biggles wrote:
Been qouted 95 quid, if my dealer keeps going at this rate when its ready for collection he will be asking for me to fetch a gallon of diesel with me so that they can get the bloody thing running during the (pdi) and so I can get to the garage after pulling of his dealership.

Don't jest Biggles................ I have just filled in a dealer performance survey form from Land Rover............... and the only thing I could fault the dealer for (and I have done twice before when taking delivery of a new car) was that the fuel tank had about enough diesel in it to get me as far as their own filling station about 500m down the road, which I think when you buy £40k's worth of car is pretty mean - even if they jacked up the OTR price to include a full tank I wouldn't mind but there you are with your new pride and joy and you have to find a fuel pump to fill it up to go for a wee run....................... and that is despite asking the dealer to make sure it had a full tank on delivery, even if I had to pay for it at the showroom.
Also on Saturday I called in at the showroom to see if my tow hook was ready and got queried by the salesman who I usually deal with as to whether or not I had paid for it................ having paid for all the other bits of the towing kit I was less than pleased that a hook might not be part of the kit. Fortunately I had been reading the invoice on Friday evening and noted that while they had not charged for the S/C grille they had charged for the towing kit, even though it was not an itemised figure just listed in the description of the vehicle that had been supplied and the total cost.
They must be getting their own back on me for all the frebbies I got out of them when I bought the TD6.

Post #609 Mon Jun 27 2005 3:44pm
Simon

United Kingdom 

....plus a full tank of fuel of course, and a Land Rover fleece, and a Land Rover Snow Atlas. If you don't ask......

Post #610 Mon Jun 27 2005 3:47pm
Tim in Scotland

Si, what do you need a Land Rover Snow Atlas for when you live in the tropical wastelands of England! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #611 Mon Jun 27 2005 3:50pm
Biggles

England 

Jesting aside I think it's coming to something when I cant get a freeby out of them Evil or Very Mad .
I know I have said it before but my deposit last year and all the inconvenience and story's I have been told about delivery etc, etc, should count for something. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #612 Mon Jun 27 2005 3:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>