RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > suspension won't stay locked in access mode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

holland389

France 
suspension won't stay locked in access mode

L320 2.7, 2006, The car drops down into access mode, the locked light is on, but it immediately resets itself i.e. it squats but then goes back up to its normal height. Where do I start?

Post #581152 Tue May 21 2019 9:09pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Does this happen every time and at all locations ? My drive has a steep slope so depending on how I locate the car on it, sometimes it will spook it into thinking it is grounded or in danger of grounding and it will lift the car. I am assuming there will be sensors linked to the system so if yours does this all the time and anywhere or on any surface, you may want to ask your local indy to give your system a one off healthcheck and to look for any associated fault codes stored by your car to narrow down the cause.

Post #581159 Wed May 22 2019 8:03am
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I also find it can be funny if it’s in park with the park brake on. If I remember, I select access when just finishing my journey or else I put in neutral with the park brake off and let it roll back a little to help the suspension settle. Works 95% of the time when I get the extended mode message after access mode selection. Sometimes it just doesn’t like it!! 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #581164 Wed May 22 2019 10:26am
holland389

France 

Father Jack wrote:
Does this happen every time and at all locations ? My drive has a steep slope so depending on how I locate the car on it, sometimes it will spook it into thinking it is grounded or in danger of grounding and it will lift the car. I am assuming there will be sensors linked to the system so if yours does this all the time and anywhere or on any surface, you may want to ask your local indy to give your system a one off healthcheck and to look for any associated fault codes stored by your car to narrow down the cause.

as far as I can tell, up to now, yes, it happens all the time. I have some other advice i.e. put in neutral with park brake off, perhaps let it settle....etc...! it all seems a bit of a faff really. I only wanted to do it to let my aged relative find it easier to access the car. I have no fault warning lights but I have not checked the fault code message logs......something else I can do. I thought that I'd come onto the forum and some flash of inspiration would be forthcoming but it appears that it might just be idiosyncratic of a 2006 RRSPORT.

Post #581201 Wed May 22 2019 5:41pm
holland389

France 

Brit Plumber wrote:
I also find it can be funny if it’s in park with the park brake on. If I remember, I select access when just finishing my journey or else I put in neutral with the park brake off and let it roll back a little to help the suspension settle. Works 95% of the time when I get the extended mode message after access mode selection. Sometimes it just doesn’t like it!!

See my response to Father Jack. You all appear to understand that the car has foibles.....! I will do as you describe, mess around a bit, but I don't think its worth wasting time over especially when my parking brake module is making noises and won't apply.

Phil

Post #581203 Wed May 22 2019 5:43pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Yeah, as plumber says, try and select access in the last 30 seconds of your journey.

It will drop down when the speed reduces

Post #581207 Wed May 22 2019 5:52pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I think, as has been suggested, at stand still the sensors think there’s an obstruction so go to extended mode. The suspension geometry massively changes when you select access and all that weight is trying to push the wheels out. It does put a lot of strain on components and can cause excessive and premature ware. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #581234 Thu May 23 2019 7:54am
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mine to be fair is placed in access every time I park it with no issues (over 50k miles) other than the occasional issue I refer to in my post above. Typical RRS lottery I suppose but see if you can find any fault codes which might help you to a resolution.

Post #581264 Thu May 23 2019 9:23pm
holland389

France 

I forgot to reply

it works now as long as I select the access ride hight just before the car comes to a stop.

Thanks, apologies for delay in responding.

Phil

Post #585498 Sun Aug 18 2019 12:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1