RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Quicksilver exhaust on 2019 SVR with Petrol Particle Filter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

GJW1

United Kingdom 

All done makes a difference Thumbs Up

Certainly louder, have had some pops, burbles when you pull away.

I need do a few more miles though to get try to put it into percent better but worth doing as a first port of call before you decide to spend thousands on a new exhaust system front to back.

Post #578464 Fri Apr 05 2019 2:33pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

That's good news, enjoy it! Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #578465 Fri Apr 05 2019 3:23pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

To put a number on it i would say 30 upto 40% Louder.

When you pull away you get the rumble back, when cruising with revs around 1000 - 1500 its still almost silent.

When you accelerate you can hear it and when you get it to 3500 you get the extra noise pumped in still.

When you accelerate and quickly lift off you get pops and bangs but not as many as before but what you get is loud.

Ive not tried it in sport or dynamic or both yet.

So far its worth it. Thumbs Up

Post #578505 Sat Apr 06 2019 10:04am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Sounds like mine, i hardly ever put the exhaust on as its loud enough without it. If you do want lots of pops and bangs use the paddles with the exhaust on, then it's just crazy.

Mind you i can't remember what it's like in Dynamic mode either. Embarassed SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #578512 Sat Apr 06 2019 2:27pm
stfn333

GJW1 wrote:
To put a number on it i would say 30 upto 40% Louder.

When you pull away you get the rumble back, when cruising with revs around 1000 - 1500 its still almost silent.

When you accelerate you can hear it and when you get it to 3500 you get the extra noise pumped in still.

When you accelerate and quickly lift off you get pops and bangs but not as many as before but what you get is loud.

Ive not tried it in sport or dynamic or both yet.

So far its worth it. Thumbs Up

Check out the new Quicksilver exhaust

Does it sound any better than your solution GJW1?

Post #579986 Tue Apr 30 2019 1:38pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

I’ve posted my videos here what do you think ?

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic53707-15.html

Post #579991 Tue Apr 30 2019 3:32pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Was that with the valves open mate as I see on the dash you were in comfort mode? 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #579995 Tue Apr 30 2019 4:25pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

It’s actually half and half but you can’t tell any difference really.

When driving it has slightly less sound when the valve is closed but at standstill it sounds the same either way.

The quicksilver video shows a big difference between open and closed though but I can’t see the system on there site and not sure it’s thats a true 19 or a 18 car given there 18 video is a 17 car.

It would be interesting to be sure but a 18 on a 19 plate is not a 19 Smile

Last edited by GJW1 on Tue Apr 30 2019 4:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #579997 Tue Apr 30 2019 4:31pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Having just watched that video they say they removed centre silencer which is what I did and the button on the dash does next to nothing so they added there own values for the sound differences with what looks like there own button in the cup holder.

It might well be a 19 as it doesn’t pop and bang on liftoff still on that video. I thought it was your first video again Lee but they have gone a step further this time.

It sounds decent though but I must say my mod makes a good sound and does have some pops and bangs and the original tips are retained for a fraction of the price.

The quicksilver gives you silence or noise though which some owners will prefer.

Post #580000 Tue Apr 30 2019 4:41pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

I agree it must be a 19. Still, it does sound good and i do like the QS end trims. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #580005 Tue Apr 30 2019 5:20pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

I spoke to quicksilver and the video is with the car in auto program and not dynamic with the gear lever across to sport as they didn't know how to put it into dynamic. It may pop and bang more on the lift off whilst in dynamic and sport Thumbs Up 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #580040 Wed May 01 2019 6:21am
stfn333

GJW1 wrote:
Having just watched that video they say they removed centre silencer which is what I did and the button on the dash does next to nothing so they added there own values for the sound differences with what looks like there own button in the cup holder.

It might well be a 19 as it doesn’t pop and bang on liftoff still on that video. I thought it was your first video again Lee but they have gone a step further this time.

It sounds decent though but I must say my mod makes a good sound and does have some pops and bangs and the original tips are retained for a fraction of the price.

The quicksilver gives you silence or noise though which some owners will prefer.

yeah this is what i was thinking..does your car sounds always "loud" after removing the middle silencer or just when you are in dynamic mode? and how about the exhaust button, do you hear any difference?

Post #580053 Wed May 01 2019 10:11am
stfn333

lee551247 wrote:
I spoke to quicksilver and the video is with the car in auto program and not dynamic with the gear lever across to sport as they didn't know how to put it into dynamic. It may pop and bang more on the lift off whilst in dynamic and sport Thumbs Up

we should find out..that is pretty important to me before ordering

Post #580054 Wed May 01 2019 10:11am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

stfn333 wrote:
GJW1 wrote:

yeah this is what i was thinking..does your car sounds always "loud" after removing the middle silencer or just when you are in dynamic mode? and how about the exhaust button, do you hear any difference?

I would say it’s on par for loudness as the pre facelift if not slightly quieter. With the exhaust button on it’s louder at around 2000rpm and above than with the button off which has less of a sound but at pull away or traffic the car sounds the same with button on or off. As for dynamic it holds the revs higher which equals more noise but no more than comfort mode with exhaust
On and a heavy right foot.

I would like to compare the quicksilver setup with my mod but not worth the risk at £1800+ I would always have the exhaust on so if the quicksilver didn’t sound better than mine i would be so disappointed.

Post #580067 Wed May 01 2019 3:14pm
stfn333

any update?

Post #580709 Sun May 12 2019 7:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>