RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY20 Configurator Now Live
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

timhum

United Kingdom 

And risk is loaded on to the customer, if the price of the car collapses then no equity left, smoke and mirrors springs to mind on many of these finance deals.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #579347 Sat Apr 20 2019 9:07pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

timhum wrote:
RRSman wrote:
Red Merle wrote:
RRSman wrote:
Back to topic though - I personally think this is a VERY bad move for JLR - not many people will be upgrading or changing to another RR or RRS with these prices and lease prices - it's ridiculous Banging Head

I’ve got no reason to study the prices from the volume manufacturers, but the last time that I looked at the price of a 3 Series, it had risen above and beyond the price of something half decent Shocked We can have a pop at LR for raising prices but, comparing like with like, I suspect we’re going to find the same in terms of pricing and finance rates with any comparable company.

Who buys a 3 series in todays day and age? I currently pay £280 a month on a 520d M sport (2018) 10k miles per annum over 24 months and the car is worth £45k. Someone would be mad to buy it with leases so cheap.

The new A Class in AMG line trim can be had for £150 a month over 24 months too.

How much deposit is required to get that monthly payment?
thanks
Tim

You guys seem to be confusing PCP deals vs Contract Hire deals. Look on leasing.com and you will see the deals available. I paid £280x6 as a deposit so £1680 as deposit on contract hire to get this deal.

Post #579349 Sun Apr 21 2019 12:16am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

PS you guys might now spend your entire Easter Sunday looking at insale lease deals on cars!! Contract hire deals are pretty stupidly cheap at the moment on a variety of cars!

Post #579350 Sun Apr 21 2019 12:18am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

timhum wrote:
Just answered my own question by using the BMW calculator. On a 520 m valued at £40,520.00 over 24 months with an APR of 4.9 the deposit is £13,900 to give a monthly payment of £281.78. The real cost per month is therefore £281.78 plus the deposit divided by 24 which is £589.16 giving a total of £870.94 not quite as cheap as claimed.
So many people seem to forget to factor in their deposit when they're looking at their repayment costs.
Tim

Thats PCP buddy not contract hire! Contract hire deals are HEAVILY subsidised by a number of manufacturers with targets to hit so they presell to lease companies who hand out cars at ridiculous rates!

Post #579351 Sun Apr 21 2019 12:19am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

RRSman wrote:
timhum wrote:
RRSman wrote:
Red Merle wrote:
RRSman wrote:
Back to topic though - I personally think this is a VERY bad move for JLR - not many people will be upgrading or changing to another RR or RRS with these prices and lease prices - it's ridiculous Banging Head

I’ve got no reason to study the prices from the volume manufacturers, but the last time that I looked at the price of a 3 Series, it had risen above and beyond the price of something half decent Shocked We can have a pop at LR for raising prices but, comparing like with like, I suspect we’re going to find the same in terms of pricing and finance rates with any comparable company.

Who buys a 3 series in todays day and age? I currently pay £280 a month on a 520d M sport (2018) 10k miles per annum over 24 months and the car is worth £45k. Someone would be mad to buy it with leases so cheap.

The new A Class in AMG line trim can be had for £150 a month over 24 months too.

How much deposit is required to get that monthly payment?

thanks
Tim

You guys seem to be confusing PCP deals vs Contract Hire deals. Look on leasing.com and you will see the deals available. I paid £280x6 as a deposit so £1680 as deposit on contract hire to get this deal.

So in reality it’s £350 a month,which I suppose isn’t too bad compared to a rrs which would probably be well over a k if you only put £1680 deposit down.
When I purchased my last one they tried getting me to go down the pcp route & with no deposit on mine which was 44k was coming out around £980 a month with a GFV of 28k over 2 years.I was tempted but the thought of £980 a month going out of my bank account is frightening even though I know it probably going to lose a big wedge every month. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #579352 Sun Apr 21 2019 7:29am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

And don't forget the big discounts on new BMWs. My 535d listed over 60k new with the options but I paid mid 40k.

I would get a new version in a heartbeat bu they aren't doing one in the new 5 series, only 530d and 520 or a petrol 540iX.

I got over 60mpg on a 40 mile motorway journey recently!

Dave MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #579361 Sun Apr 21 2019 3:51pm
wilf

All I can say is that my 2016 £74 k HSE Dynamic is now, to the same spec, £89k ! Shocked MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #579362 Sun Apr 21 2019 4:24pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
timhum wrote:
Just answered my own question by using the BMW calculator. On a 520 m valued at £40,520.00 over 24 months with an APR of 4.9 the deposit is £13,900 to give a monthly payment of £281.78. The real cost per month is therefore £281.78 plus the deposit divided by 24 which is £589.16 giving a total of £870.94 not quite as cheap as claimed.
So many people seem to forget to factor in their deposit when they're looking at their repayment costs.
Tim

Thats PCP buddy not contract hire! Contract hire deals are HEAVILY subsidised by a number of manufacturers with targets to hit so they presell to lease companies who hand out cars at ridiculous rates!

Thanks RRSman for the explanation, you are a very helpful source of information. Some question is I may ask you please.. Looking at a RRS HSE Dynamic I can save £10k ish over PCP. How can LR subsidise a car by this amount, why don't dealers offer PCH and how does the PCH company make any money.
thanks
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #579373 Sun Apr 21 2019 9:06pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

No problem Tim always happy to help where I can Smile

I’m not too sure how the Contract Hire Game works in detail but at times there are insane deals available on a wide range of cars from different manufacturers. Usually the big three Germans (Audi,BMW and Mercedes) have the best deals going on various models.

A couple of years back BMW were literally handing out M5’s at around £450 a month! There was also a time when folks got 635d M sports for £300 a month! Those deals were subsided by BMW to hit their own targets of sorts.

At other times it’s usually dealers who sell stock on the cheap to leasing companies to hit targets. That’s why at times the deals only last for say 5-10 cars..when they gone they gone.

There is a very good thread on pistonheads where the guys there post the best going deals. Few months back many got an ipace for under £400 a month!

i have tried to get dealers to match contract hire deals but most of the time they can’t believe the rates and just tell me to do one!

I am not sure how contract hire companies make their money but guess they get a cut from the dealers but many do charge a £200-£399 arrangement fee.

Post #579380 Mon Apr 22 2019 12:19am
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Re the configurator is it not possible that they have got it wrong? Similar things happened when the 18.5 / 19 and 19.5 all came out options that were included diapered and don't forget the £3k massage seats up from £800. I think this was also reflected in the brochure as it's all from the same data source.

Given the issues we have with the software on our cars I always take the configurator software with a pinch of salt!

Re PCP residuals, I expect they are preparing for the replacement model as that will effect the residuals.

Post #579423 Mon Apr 22 2019 4:22pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

You make a valid point Jonathan however on this occasion I don't think it's an error as the prices have gone up irrespective of the options. The new sport is not due until at least 2021 (FFRR 2020) so adjusting the prices on PCP now makes no sense.

Post #579439 Mon Apr 22 2019 8:50pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

RRSman is right on the PCH/BCH deals as they are sold in bulk allotments to the lease companies or direct simply to beat other manufacturers per month figures so its a race to the bottom. Things get silly when you start adding options to the base car though.

Also with PCH/BCH there is no get out - you are in that car until the end of the term with no way out unless you pay a significant amount to get out early.

With that being said if you manage the length right.

CarpeDrive.com for example do 12 month unlimited mileage contracts including insurance and are owned by the same company that own JLR, never used them but they look interesting for another ownership perspective, prices are through the roof though.

Post #579969 Tue Apr 30 2019 11:11am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Hi Dangermouse,

You can get out of a contract hire deal mid term. I have a 24 month contract on the 5 series but after 12 months I asked if I can hand the car back and there was a small penalty £200 but I could Smile

Post #579970 Tue Apr 30 2019 11:17am
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Oh nice!

I guess it must depend a lot on the company then as my mate had one with Mercedes Benz UK and they said either complete the entire term or pay for the entire term minus something ridiculous like 5%!!!

But if you have that clause thats amazing, I guess it is very car dependant.

Post #579977 Tue Apr 30 2019 1:01pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

That's correct - BMW (Alphabet) certainly seem more pragmatic than Mercedes.

Post #579978 Tue Apr 30 2019 1:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>