RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > So who’s still here?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Tyrefitter wrote:
Yes im game for a meet up Paul,,but we are going in my SC not your milkfloat,,don't want to be pulling into every service station to re-charge Laughing Laughing

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #576355 Mon Mar 04 2019 1:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Rolling with laughter

Visited dealer twice since purchase for inclusive annual services and will be there for 3rd in Sep - after this I will be paying so might be time to change or just suck it up. I'm so used to not spending anything now it's going to hurt Laughing

It's a bit of a trek to selling dealer in Leeds but they've been so good it's worth a day out and we have been converted to the delights of Leeds Cool

100% reliability record since purchase apart from the squeaking seat fiasco I had early days with another dealer Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #576357 Mon Mar 04 2019 1:43pm
BKHK

Australia 
Winter Driver

This might sound silly but I don’t like driving the M3 in crappy weather, not for any other reason than it getting dirty. Being close to the beach the winter wind and rain can contain sandy particles. Driving her in crappy weather causing swirling on the sparkling graphite paintwork doesn’t bear thinking about.

I have been looking for a winter runaround. I thought about a PHEV like Muddy’s but the odd road trip, the need to have good rolling in gear acceleration to pass road trains weren’t compatible. I have been scouring the internet classifieds for a while. Would have loved another V8 Lux L320 but none around. X5, too expensive and way too high miles for my budget. Q5, OK but would need 3.0 TDI or 3.2 FSI, again budget constraint and some I saw had a patchy service history. ML er, no, not for me.

Then I stumbled on a one local owner 2013 A4 Allroad 2.0 TDI wrongly labelled as a TFSI (which only exist in the USA as far as I can see) by a local wholesale place. It appeals to my “car” rather than SUV phase and seems to be a 40k miles, school run car from the upmarket suburbs. A quick drive followed by some negotiation and it’s my new winter daily driver. In gear acceleration seems very good but will be improved with a remap. All in all, a good day’s shopping.

Post #578240 Mon Apr 01 2019 1:42pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

A4 Allroad 2.0 TFSI is also available in the UK as my brother has one as his winter car for when the weather isn’t good enough or the journey is too long for his AH ME3000 or his Aston Martin Rapide. I hope you aren’t looking for too much excitement from it............ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #578250 Mon Apr 01 2019 8:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BKHK

Australia 

No, I get enough excitement from the M3. The A4 TDI has 170bhp here. I will probably look at a remap to get it up to 200 ish

Post #578253 Mon Apr 01 2019 11:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12