RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > JLR Ingenium engined cars - more problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
JLR Ingenium engined cars - more problems

It seems that JLR has again managed to fix a problem but only with a side effect. I have been reading reports of lots of owners of JLR cars with the 4 cylinder Ingenium engines that have been subject to a recent massive recall for oil,dilution and CO2 emissions issues now have a problem with the auto Stop/Start system not working (could that have been fix for the oil dilution problem?) and being unable to clear the “Battery low start engine “ warning from the instrument cluster.......... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #578109 Fri Mar 29 2019 5:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

So the software update has made things worse? Sounds about right for JLR Rolling Eyes

Post #578115 Fri Mar 29 2019 6:52pm
timhum

United Kingdom 
Re: JLR Ingenium engined cars - more problems

Tim in Scotland wrote:
It seems that JLR has again managed to fix a problem but only with a side effect. I have been reading reports of lots of owners of JLR cars with the 4 cylinder Ingenium engines that have been subject to a recent massive recall for oil,dilution and CO2 emissions issues now have a problem with the auto Stop/Start system not working (could that have been fix for the oil dilution problem?) and being unable to clear the “Battery low start engine “ warning from the instrument cluster..........

And you're sniffing around an I Pace, thought you'd written off JLR
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #578126 Fri Mar 29 2019 9:45pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

There isn’t a fix for the oil dilution issues on the 4 cylinder cars, it’s just a fudge which changes the algorithm so the service indicator comes on at 10% dilution level rather than the previous 6%.

They can’t fix a design issue and have opted to cut their costs on free oil changes by pushing the limits of the engine so unsuspecting owners down the line are going to be buying trouble. Already reports on the Disco Sport forum of engine failures due to lack of lubrication.

Post #578127 Fri Mar 29 2019 10:23pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Land Rover deserve to fail, to be honest. Their attitude to customers is shocking. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #578129 Fri Mar 29 2019 11:01pm
Tim in Scotland

Tim, JLR aren’t written off for a future purchase, just that I will go into any buy well aware that they have a few more issues than other marques. I still own a JLR product and that has NEVER had a mechanical issue in 23 years (at least not one that wasn’t created my mal-treatment if the vehicle!) it has no sophisticated/complex modern electronics to go wrong either as it is from an era before all the fancy equipment and toys necessary today. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #578135 Sat Mar 30 2019 9:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SRE

Spain 

Looking at an I Pace then Tim, me to, however the price is too much for me. Big Cry Nice car though. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #578136 Sat Mar 30 2019 9:42am
Tim in Scotland

The prices on the approved used website don’t seem to match the windscreen stickers on the forecourt for the same vehicle - on the forecourt they are lower! I’ve looked at 3 SE’s, all with less than 2500 miles ex demo or ex management cars all showing as between 59 and 65k on the website but generally stickered 4-5k less on the same dealership forecourt for the same car! Test drive was no problem but when I asked for 48 hours test drive that was going to be difficult.......... I asked about finance rates...... best we can offer sir is 9.9% APR, I nearly passed out! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #578139 Sat Mar 30 2019 10:51am
SRE

Spain 

9.9% APR, I will loan you the money Whistle

Even worse in Spain, I Pace HSE with a few bits €107.783,01 Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #578145 Sat Mar 30 2019 12:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1