RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2019 Madagascar Orange SVR collection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

dc44back

United Kingdom 

I would make absolutely sure of this. Range Rovers aren't the most reliable as we all know and the 3 year warranty is a godsend. I wouldn't want to give them any excuse to wiggle out of it.

I thought there was a button on the console to activate the "dynamic exhaust" no? MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #577969 Wed Mar 27 2019 4:07pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Yes there is but it hardly makes any difference at all compared to my 2018 model, apparently the sound is muted by the GPF (gasoline particle filter) 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #577970 Wed Mar 27 2019 4:26pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Enjoy the speed while you can. News today about speed restrictions on all cars from 2022.... MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #577971 Wed Mar 27 2019 4:39pm
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

dc44back - that only applies to vehicles built after 2022 but I think there will be a great deal of discussion first as it could cause so many problems Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #577977 Wed Mar 27 2019 5:52pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Is the car corrected to your satisfaction now lee551247 ?

Can you also check your boot for me re my post Thumbs Up
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic53595.html

Post #577978 Wed Mar 27 2019 5:54pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Japseroony wrote:
dc44back - that only applies to vehicles built after 2022 but I think there will be a great deal of discussion first as it could cause so many problems Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Good. I'm going to cane my 5.0 Supercharged to the hilts until then...

To hell with the cost of petrol.... MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #577979 Wed Mar 27 2019 5:58pm
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

lee551247 wrote:
Apparently you only lose the warranty on the exhaust which is fair enough, it definitely needs an exhaust as sounds like a standard 5.0 supercharged at the moment!

Not convinced this is true as I has a defender that I did some work to and replaced the exhaust - LR removed the warranty on the whole drive train inc the engine as they said I did it to gain power which then affected everything thereafter.

They even went on to say that hypothetically, if you were to replace a light bulb with a none LR product they could remove the warranty on the whole of the electrics Exclamation Exclamation

They were trying to make a point was all but if things get down to it believe me they will fight tooth and nail Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #577980 Wed Mar 27 2019 5:58pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I think it is a really good example of just how low JLR’s quality control has fallen, if they even have any now. Land Rover hopes to compete with the likes of Bentley and Rolls Royce but neither of those companies would let a car with so poor a paint finish off the production area, let alone out of the factory. Paint finish like that isn’t acceptable on a £20,000 car let alone a £120,000 one. I doubt a Ford Fiesta would get off the production line with those paint defects.

It should be a major concern for them. I reckon their steady rise in volumes and profits from 2010 to 2017 left them bathing in their own success and they've been blindsided on the quality issues.

Admittedly, their software development is a major part of the poor quality and it looks like it's virtually stable now with 18d but at what price. So many disaffected owners since it was introduced, especially with the Velar.

I noticed one of their board presentations in mid 2018 which consisted of more than 70 powerpoint slides covering all their trading problems and revised sales forecasts driving a recovering plan had barely one bullet point about customer service.

Everything else was pointing to slumps caused by external influences: China slowdown caused by US/CN trade war, diesel gate, Brexit...

That's Censored . The Chinese have stopped buying them because they hate unreliable cars and the rumours of poor quality have spread like wildfire out there.

Sure there is a general sales slump effecting all car brands, but JLR are being hit extra hard because of their own undoing.

It's a real shame because they make fantastic cars. They should have a look at themselves, own up and start investing in quality control improvements.

I've been to their factory in Solihull for a tour and they have all kinds of information up on the walls but there's no data on the success of delivery to an end user owner. That is surely the first measurement they should be seeing in front of their eyes!

I'm available to help them, of course, but I come at a price. Just like their cars.... Rolling with laughter MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #577981 Wed Mar 27 2019 6:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123