RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Utility companies.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Utility companies.......

I have a solar array on the house roof and I assume that my supplier (SSE) is as (in) efficient as the other suppliers and insists that,because I have a Feed In Generation meter, every 2 years a meter reader has to visit my house to verify the readings...... the FIT meter at my house is inside whereas the normal consumption meters are external as in all houses built in the last 45 years. Earlier in the year I received all sorts of threatening letters that the FIT meter reader couldn’t access the meter and that my contract might be terminated - there was no warning that the meter reading person would be calling and I was out of the UK anyway. In February I was contacted by SSE and asked when they might have access, could a neighbour let the reader in? I arranged a visit for between 8am and 12 today, nobody appeared. I emailed the person I had been in contact with and was assured a technician would be there by 1300...... 1445 technician appeared, couldn’t make the serial number on my FIT meter match his records - did I have any other meters? Yes the external consumption meters. I pointed out that he was here only to take the generation meter reading......... but his “smart” (more like dumb) device has no facility to record the FIT meter “because that is a different part of the company”. So this guy has driven 65 miles each way for a 15 second visit to read the wrong meter........ and after my phone call at 1130 I received an “apology “ inconvenience payment of £30 credited to my FIT account.....
No wonder our electricity and gas costs so much if the utility companies cannot get their accounting teams to read the right meter. As an aside I asked about changing to a Smart Meter as the reader who visited the house was from the Smart Reader installing team, how’s this “no point in you having a smart meter as we cannot combine solar generation meters into them, you would still need to have someone come to your house to access the FIT meter!” So much for modern tech! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #577889 Tue Mar 26 2019 3:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mister B

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

says it all really

Post #577890 Tue Mar 26 2019 3:47pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

If they made a play about it you’d call it a farce Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #577915 Tue Mar 26 2019 11:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Even better, I got a further £30 compensation because the technician failed to “fix” the problem (the problem isn’t one, he was supposed to verify the generation meter reading, takes about 15 secs) and now a new appointment has been made and will cost another 130 mile round trip for a 15 sec visit............
So another £60 goes into the car recharging fund - another 1000 miles of electric only motoring........ so far with government pay backs and refunds by SSE my 3200 miles covered so far has cost me zero and there is still enough energy purchasing power left in the account for another 2 years electric only driving. I still have to use petrol though as the average 22 miles real world electric range isn’t that great - enough for me with the short run trips I do these days. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #577930 Wed Mar 27 2019 9:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1